- Neelys Landing man shot, killed by highway patrol trooper after traffic stop (05/01/16)43
- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)49
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)8
- River Ridge Winery changes hands (05/02/16)
- Police report filed, but no charges in incident at Cape Central (04/29/16)40
- 2016 All-Missourian Boys Basketball (04/29/16)
- Statement: Man says copsí good work drove him to grow his own marijuana (05/01/16)1
- Bob Evans restaurant in Cape Girardeau among chain's 21 closings (04/26/16)9
- Senator introduces bill for I-57 that would connect Sikeston with Little Rock (04/28/16)4
- Hopper Road to close for months during construction of Veterans Drive (04/27/16)9
BENTON, Mo. -- Oneida Christine Ziegler, 87, of Benton died Sunday, June 13, 2010, at Fountainbleau Lodge in Cape Girardeau.
She was born July 3, 1922, in Johnsville, Tenn., to Roy and Flora McCaleb Daniel. She married Joseph Ziegler Aug. 31, 1946, at Benton. He preceded her in death July 30, 1973.
She was a teacher more than 40 years at Scott County R-4 Kelly and Edwardsville, Ill. She was a member of Benton United Methodist Church, Missouri Retired Teachers, Alpha Delta Kappa (charter member), Beta Upsilon Chapter and United Methodist Women. She enjoyed bird watching, reading, traveling and spending time with her grandchildren, family and friends.
She is survived by a son, Walter (Linden) Ziegler of Cape Girardeau; a daughter, Margaret (Jim) Arteme of Benton; a brother, Charley Daniel of Cape Girardeau; a brother-in-law, Lee Pattengill of Charleston, Mo.; three sisters, Bessie Buck of Gordonville; Gayla (Elvan) Volz of Oak Ridge, Beulah (Orvie) McClain of Jerseyville, Ill.; a sister-in-law, Jackie Daniel of Jerseyville; five grandchildren, Julie (Joel) Vinson of Sikeston, Mo., Ryan and Chance Ziegler of Cape Girardeau, Tommy (Michele) Arteme of Anna, Ill., Amy (Chris) Moore of St. Louis; and a great-grandson, Joah Thomas Moore of St. Louis.
She was preceded by two children at birth; her parents; a brother, Joe Marks Daniel; and a sister, Lula Jane Pattengill.
Friends may call from 5 to 8 p.m. Wednesday at Amick-Burnett Funeral Chapel in Benton.
The funeral will be at 11 a.m. Thursday at the chapel, with the Rev. Harry Sharp officiating. Burial will be in St. Denis Cemetery in Benton.
Memorials may be made to Benton United Methodist Church.