- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)45
- Bob Evans restaurant in Cape Girardeau among chain's 21 closings (04/26/16)9
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)6
- Two hurt in motorcycle wreck on Interstate 55 (04/25/16)1
- Law firm requests information about Cape's traffic cameras (04/25/16)2
- Local lawmakers split over failed medical marijuana bill; voters may have a say (04/26/16)19
- Police report filed, but no charges in incident at Cape Central (04/29/16)36
- Tanker truck catches fire near Oak Ridge (04/24/16)7
- Local company makes eco-friendly kitty litter that cuts cat-box smell (04/25/16)
- Senator introduces bill for I-57 that would connect Sikeston with Little Rock (04/28/16)4
Darline Ann Dow, 70, of Cape Girardeau died Thursday, June 10, 2010, at Saint Francis Medical Center.
She was born Jan. 5, 1940, in Cape Girardeau, daughter of Christian George and Bertha W. Meier Kaufmann. Darline was married to Harvey Dow on May 26, 1984.
She attended Franklin School and graduated from Central High School in 1958. Darline worked at the former Donut Drive-In and was a cashier 29 1/2 years in the dining room at Southeast Missouri Hospital, retiring in 2008.
She was baptized at St. James Church in Tilsit and confirmed at United Church of Christ in Cape Girardeau, where she was a member.
Darline is survived by her husband, Harvey; a sister, Norma Trickey of Cape Girardeau; a sister-in-law, Kathryn Kaufmann of Jackson; four stepchildren, Lisa, Kevin, Bridget and Amy; and several nieces and nephews.
She was preceded in death by a brother and an infant sister.
The funeral was held Monday at Cracraft-Miller Funeral Home, with the Rev. Dan Johnson officiating. Burial was in St. James Cemetery at Tilsit.