- Neelys Landing man shot, killed by highway patrol trooper after traffic stop (05/01/16)43
- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)49
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)8
- River Ridge Winery changes hands (05/02/16)
- Police report filed, but no charges in incident at Cape Central (04/29/16)40
- 2016 All-Missourian Boys Basketball (04/29/16)
- Statement: Man says copsí good work drove him to grow his own marijuana (05/01/16)1
- Bob Evans restaurant in Cape Girardeau among chain's 21 closings (04/26/16)9
- Senator introduces bill for I-57 that would connect Sikeston with Little Rock (04/28/16)4
- Hopper Road to close for months during construction of Veterans Drive (04/27/16)9
Walter Giles Irwin, 88, of O'Fallon, Ill., born April 6, 1922, in Perkins, Mo., died Saturday, June 12, 2010, at Rosewood Care Center in Swansea, Ill.
Mr. Irwin was a member of Faith Lutheran Church and retired from the Department of Defense, Aeronautical Chart and Information Center as a mapper. He also served in the U.S. Army Air Corps.
He was preceded in death by his parents, Walter and Dora Haney Irwin; his wife, Lorene A. Anthony Irwin; six brothers; and three sisters.
He is survived by a daughter, JoNell (Lesley) Zanders of O'Fallon; two grandchildren, Mitzi Zanders of Belleville, Ill., Renee (Danny) Neuner of O'Fallon; three great-grandchildren, Kyle, Torri and Casey; a brother, James (Thelma) Irwin of Cape Girardeau; and a sister, Dorothy Caldwell, of Flint, Mich.
In honor of Walter, memorials may be made to the O'Fallon Food Pantry or Faith Lutheran Church music department. Condolences may be made to the family at www.schildknechtfh.com.
Visitation will be from 9:30 to 11 a.m. Wednesday at Faith Lutheran Church, 520 E. Highway 50, O'Fallon, Ill.
The funeral will be at 11 a.m. Wednesday at the church, with Pastor Frieda Snyder officiating. Burial will be in Lakeview Memorial Gardens, Fairview Heights, Ill.