- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)44
- Bob Evans restaurant in Cape Girardeau among chain's 21 closings (04/26/16)9
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)6
- Two hurt in motorcycle wreck on Interstate 55 (04/25/16)1
- Law firm requests information about Cape's traffic cameras (04/25/16)2
- Local lawmakers split over failed medical marijuana bill; voters may have a say (04/26/16)19
- Police report filed, but no charges in incident at Cape Central (04/29/16)35
- Tanker truck catches fire near Oak Ridge (04/24/16)7
- Local company makes eco-friendly kitty litter that cuts cat-box smell (04/25/16)
- Senator introduces bill for I-57 that would connect Sikeston with Little Rock (04/28/16)4
Leola Zook, age 66, of Mount Vernon, Mo., formerly of Cape Girardeau, passed away at 2:30 p.m. Thursday, June 10, 2010, at her home.
She was born April 16, 1944, in Purdy, Mo. Leola worked for various restaurants as a cook. On Oct. 16, 1966, she married Forest Zook in Cape Girardeau.
Those surviving her include her husband, Forest, of Cape Girardeau; three daughters, Cindy Elkins, Debbie Wooderson and Sheila Zook, all of Mount Vernon; a brother, Larry (Sharon) Clevenger of West Virginia; three sisters, Barbara (Don) Mayfield of Festus, Mo., Judy (Eddie) Jackson of Ottawa, Kan., and Reva (Dan) Newman of Mount Vernon; two grandchildren, Mandy Est and Jerika Johnson, both of Mount Vernon.
A private family service will be held at a later date. Memorial donations may be made to the American Heart Association, in care of the funeral home.
Arrangements are under the direction of Fossett-Mosher Funeral Home in Mount Vernon.