- Neelys Landing man shot, killed by highway patrol trooper after traffic stop (05/01/16)43
- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)49
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)8
- Neighbors mystified over why man was killed by state trooper (05/03/16)20
- River Ridge Winery changes hands (05/02/16)
- Police report filed, but no charges in incident at Cape Central (04/29/16)40
- 2016 All-Missourian Boys Basketball (04/29/16)
- Statement: Man says cops’ good work drove him to grow his own marijuana (05/01/16)1
- Senator introduces bill for I-57 that would connect Sikeston with Little Rock (04/28/16)4
- 'American Pickers' visits Poplar Bluff (04/29/16)
Hazel V. Kynion, 90, of Granite City, Ill., passed away Wednesday, June 9, 2010, in Granite City.
She was born Feb. 9, 1920, in Cape Girardeau, daughter of Cirgus and Josephine Proffer Hosea. She and Lester Kynion were married Jan. 20, 1938. He passed away Aug. 14, 2005.
Hazel was active in the Tri-City Area Association for the Handicapped in Granite City and the New Opportunities Handicap Workshop in Granite City since 1972. She enjoyed bluegrass music, camping and fishing.
Loving survivors include a son, Larry Kynion of Granite City; a sister-in-law, Alice Hopper of Ballwin, Mo.; several nieces, nephews and other extended family and friends.
She was preceded in death by several brothers and sisters.
Friends may call from 4 to 7 p.m. Sunday at the chapel of McCombs Funeral Home and Cremation Center in Jackson.
The funeral will be at 10:30 a.m. Monday at the funeral home. Interment will be in Russell Heights Cemetery in Jackson.
Memorials may be made to the Tri-City Area Association for Handicapped.
Sympathy messages may be sent to the family online at www.mccombsfuneralhome.com.