- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)48
- Neelys Landing man shot, killed by highway patrol trooper after traffic stop (05/01/16)43
- Bob Evans restaurant in Cape Girardeau among chain's 21 closings (04/26/16)9
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)8
- Police report filed, but no charges in incident at Cape Central (04/29/16)40
- 2016 All-Missourian Boys Basketball (04/29/16)
- Statement: Man says copsí good work drove him to grow his own marijuana (05/01/16)1
- Two hurt in motorcycle wreck on Interstate 55 (04/25/16)1
- Senator introduces bill for I-57 that would connect Sikeston with Little Rock (04/28/16)4
- River Ridge Winery changes hands (05/02/16)
CHAFFEE, Mo. -- Albert Halter, 83, of Chaffee completed his work here on Earth and accepted his invitation to his heavenly home Monday, June 7, 2010. He died at Saint Francis Medical Center in Cape Girardeau.
He was born May 8, 1927, in Chaffee, son of John Anthony and Bertha Lauck Halter. He and Lucille Modglin were married July 14, 1948.
Albert was a retired brick mason. He was a member of Chaffee First United Methodist Church.
Survivors include his wife; four daughters, Linda (Frank) Welter of Chaffee, Connie (Stan) Laurentius of Cape Girardeau, Dixie (Jerry) Burnett of Oak Ridge, Shelley (Tom) Burnett of Chaffee; a brother, John Halter of Cape Girardeau; five sisters, Cecilia Walton of Fairview Heights, Ill., Dorothy Dees and Lorena Halter of Scott City, Elizabeth Stubbs of Chaffee and Anna Mae Smith of Ringgold, Ga.
Also 11 grandchildren, Douglas (Becky) Welter of Colorado Springs, Colo., Linette (Tim) Brammeier of Elberfeld, Ind., Jonathan Welter of Chaffee, Sally (Ben) Hancock of Puxico, Mo., Carrie (Robby) Baldwin and Jennifer Laurentius of Cape Girardeau, Bill (Kim) Burnett of Jackson, Ben (Heidi) Burnett of Whitewater, Micki (Allan) Horrell, Tommy Burnett and Amy (Tommy) Stidham, all of Chaffee; 18 great-grandchildren; and two great-stepgrandchildren.
He was preceded in death by his parents, and a brother, William Halter.
Pallbearers will be Douglas Welter, Jonathan Welter, Tim Brammeier, Ben Hancock, Robby Baldwin, Bill Burnett, Ben Burnett, Allan Horrell, Tommy Burnett Jr. and Tommy Stidham.
Honorary pallbearers are Becky Welter, Linette Brammeier, Sally Hancock, Carrie Baldwin, Jennifer Laurentius, Heidi Burnett, Kim Burnett, Micki Horrell and Amy Stidham.
Escorting their grandmother will be Air Force Maj. Douglas M. Welter of Colorado Springs and Missouri Army National Guard Sgt. 1st Class Jonathan D. Welter of Chaffee. Granddaddy was and will continue to be so very proud of their service to our country.
Visitation will be after 4 p.m. Thursday at Amick-Burnett Funeral Chapel in Chaffee.
The funeral will be at 10 a.m. Friday at Chaffee First United Methodist Church, with the Rev. Frank Husted officiating and the Rev. Richard Combs assisting. Burial will be in Union Park Cemetery.
In lieu of flowers, the family requests donations be made to Saint Francis Foundation Pediatric Healing Garden.