- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)45
- Bob Evans restaurant in Cape Girardeau among chain's 21 closings (04/26/16)9
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)6
- Two hurt in motorcycle wreck on Interstate 55 (04/25/16)1
- Law firm requests information about Cape's traffic cameras (04/25/16)2
- Local lawmakers split over failed medical marijuana bill; voters may have a say (04/26/16)19
- Police report filed, but no charges in incident at Cape Central (04/29/16)36
- Tanker truck catches fire near Oak Ridge (04/24/16)7
- Local company makes eco-friendly kitty litter that cuts cat-box smell (04/25/16)
- Senator introduces bill for I-57 that would connect Sikeston with Little Rock (04/28/16)4
Margaret Ann Brendel, 73, of St. Martins, Mo., died Tuesday, June 8, 2010, at her residence.
She was born March 21, 1937, in Folk, Mo., daughter of the late Hubert Henry and Frances Mary Schulte Rustemeyer.
She was married Oct. 20, 1956, in St. Martins, Mo., to Ernest Anton Brendel, who died April 19, 1996.
Mrs. Brendel was employed for 25 years with McGraw Edison Co., and later with Johnson Controls Inc. for 11 years until her retirement.
She was a member of St. Martin Catholic Church and an active member of the quilt association and the Wyman Basinger Veterans of Foreign Wars Post No. 35 Auxiliary where she served as chaplain and devoted many hours of service. She was an avid gardener and a talented seamstress who created many beautiful quilts. But her greatest love was for her children and grandchildren.
Survivors include six children, Janet Hirschman, Jefferson City; Sharon (Ron) Distler, Jefferson City; Karen (J. Jeffrey) Brondel, St. Martins; Larry (Jennifer) Brendel, Centertown, Mo.; Anthony "Tony" (DeAnn) Brendel, Scott City; and Patrick (Justa) Brendel, Jefferson City; 13 grandchildren, Erin McGuire, Amber Stevens, Deborah Distler, Amy Distler, Kyle Distler, Stephanie Howard, Tyler Brondel, Hadley Brendel, Morgan Brendel, Cole Brendel, Hunter Brendel, Lauren Brendel, Hayden Brendel; three great-grandchildren, Cameron Briot, Arianna McGuire and Addyson Randolph; and brothers and sisters, Geri Cornett of St. Martins, Mary (Albert) Melcher of Jefferson City; JoAnn Prenger of Omaha, Neb., Bernard (Catherine) Rustemeyer of St. Martins and Stanley (JoAnn) Rustemeyer of Jefferson City.
She was preceded in death by an infant great-granddaughter, Amelia Rae McGuire, and one brother, John Rustemeyer.
Mass of Christian burial will be at 10 a.m. Friday at St. Martin Catholic Church, with the Rev. Edwin A. Schmidt officiating. Burial will be in St. Martin Cemetery.
Visitation will be 4:30 to 8 p.m. Thursday at Dulle-Trimble Funeral Home with a prayer service at 4 p.m.
Memorials are suggested to St. Martin Catholic Church, 7148 St. Martins Ave., Jefferson City, MO 65109; Wyman Basinger VFW Post No. 35, 502 Irwin Drive, Jefferson City, MO 65109; Hospice Compassus, 600 Monroe St., Suite 100, Jefferson City, MO 65101; or a charity of the donor's choice.
Those wishing to e-mail tributes or condolences to the family may do so at www.dulletrimble.com.