- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)47
- Neelys Landing man shot, killed by highway patrol trooper after traffic stop (05/01/16)42
- Bob Evans restaurant in Cape Girardeau among chain's 21 closings (04/26/16)9
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)8
- Police report filed, but no charges in incident at Cape Central (04/29/16)40
- Two hurt in motorcycle wreck on Interstate 55 (04/25/16)1
- 2016 All-Missourian Boys Basketball (04/29/16)
- Senator introduces bill for I-57 that would connect Sikeston with Little Rock (04/28/16)4
- Law firm requests information about Cape's traffic cameras (04/25/16)3
- Local lawmakers split over failed medical marijuana bill; voters may have a say (04/26/16)19
Venturing Leadership Award Presented at Scoutquest
Sarah Mittrucker of Venturing Crew 4216, Cape Girardeau, MO recently received the Venturing Leadership Award at the VOA Recognition Ceremony at Scoutquest in Forest Park. Sarah is a member of Venturing Crew 4216, sponsored by Knights of Columbus #11205 and past member of Venturing Crew 4011 in Jackson, MO.
The Venturing Leadership Awrd is Presented by the Greater St. Louis Area Council to Venturers who have made exceptional contributions to Venturing and who exemplify the Venturing Code and Oath.
Sarah has proven herself a leader and dedicated Venturer over the last two years. Presently she serves as President of Crew 4216 and has also held the position of Vice President in Crew 4011. Last summer she attended Philmont where she particpated in a Kodiak course during a backcountry mountain trek. She also received her Venturing Religious Bronze award. Earlier this year she also received the Pope Pius XII Award.
This summer Sarah will be volunteering at the National Boy Scout Jamboree at Fort AP Hill, VA where she will be working in the Technology Quest.
Sarah continues to be involved and lead by example in all that she does.
Outside of Venturing, Sarah has received her Girl Scout Silver Award, a member of the Cross Country and Swimming Team at Notre Dame Regional High School, St. Vincent De Paul Youth Ministry, and Costume Crew for Notre Dame.