- Golden Corral coming to Cape; may hire 100 workers (7/21/16)10
- Woman sleeping in car accused of attacking Cape officer (7/26/16)13
- Area groups working together to reintroduce elk in Missouri (7/18/16)1
- Prosecutor says shooting by state trooper was justified (7/24/16)15
- Former Scott City mayor refutes claims made about loss of curbside recycling pickup (7/26/16)
- Burglary of trailer leaves its residents homeless (7/27/16)4
- Cape resident gets seven years in prison for shooting at man (7/26/16)1
- Hastings in Cape closing (7/22/16)5
- Foot plots provide habitats and nutrition to attract wildlife, grow populations (7/18/16)
- City may spend extra park tax money on Cape Splash, skate park, other projects (7/25/16)10
Venturing Leadership Award Presented at Scoutquest
Sarah Mittrucker of Venturing Crew 4216, Cape Girardeau, MO recently received the Venturing Leadership Award at the VOA Recognition Ceremony at Scoutquest in Forest Park. Sarah is a member of Venturing Crew 4216, sponsored by Knights of Columbus #11205 and past member of Venturing Crew 4011 in Jackson, MO.
The Venturing Leadership Awrd is Presented by the Greater St. Louis Area Council to Venturers who have made exceptional contributions to Venturing and who exemplify the Venturing Code and Oath.
Sarah has proven herself a leader and dedicated Venturer over the last two years. Presently she serves as President of Crew 4216 and has also held the position of Vice President in Crew 4011. Last summer she attended Philmont where she particpated in a Kodiak course during a backcountry mountain trek. She also received her Venturing Religious Bronze award. Earlier this year she also received the Pope Pius XII Award.
This summer Sarah will be volunteering at the National Boy Scout Jamboree at Fort AP Hill, VA where she will be working in the Technology Quest.
Sarah continues to be involved and lead by example in all that she does.
Outside of Venturing, Sarah has received her Girl Scout Silver Award, a member of the Cross Country and Swimming Team at Notre Dame Regional High School, St. Vincent De Paul Youth Ministry, and Costume Crew for Notre Dame.