- Man shot by police ID'd; witness shares his side of story (2/17/17)31
- Settlement reached in accidental shooting case at Kelly High (2/15/17)10
- Jackson board votes to demolish high school building if bond issue passes (2/15/17)24
- MSHP: McLendon shot in side; autopsy refutes witness account (2/19/17)23
- Cape officer shoots man inside a home (2/16/17)7
- Panda Express restaurant coming to Cape's Siemers Drive (2/14/17)2
- Business notebook: Owners ready to roll out the Barrel 131 (2/20/17)3
- Former Cape cop indicted on possessing child porn (2/17/17)
- Man dies after being shot by officer; said to have come at cop with knife (2/16/17)29
- Ray's of Kelso to close, then reopen under new ownership (2/16/17)6
Venturing Leadership Award Presented at Scoutquest
Sarah Mittrucker of Venturing Crew 4216, Cape Girardeau, MO recently received the Venturing Leadership Award at the VOA Recognition Ceremony at Scoutquest in Forest Park. Sarah is a member of Venturing Crew 4216, sponsored by Knights of Columbus #11205 and past member of Venturing Crew 4011 in Jackson, MO.
The Venturing Leadership Awrd is Presented by the Greater St. Louis Area Council to Venturers who have made exceptional contributions to Venturing and who exemplify the Venturing Code and Oath.
Sarah has proven herself a leader and dedicated Venturer over the last two years. Presently she serves as President of Crew 4216 and has also held the position of Vice President in Crew 4011. Last summer she attended Philmont where she particpated in a Kodiak course during a backcountry mountain trek. She also received her Venturing Religious Bronze award. Earlier this year she also received the Pope Pius XII Award.
This summer Sarah will be volunteering at the National Boy Scout Jamboree at Fort AP Hill, VA where she will be working in the Technology Quest.
Sarah continues to be involved and lead by example in all that she does.
Outside of Venturing, Sarah has received her Girl Scout Silver Award, a member of the Cross Country and Swimming Team at Notre Dame Regional High School, St. Vincent De Paul Youth Ministry, and Costume Crew for Notre Dame.