- Cape teacher accused of assaulting student at football game (10/23/16)41
- Pedestrian killed during traffic collision on I-55 (10/23/16)9
- Scott County Sheriff Rick Walter faces challenge from criminal investigator Wes Drury (10/21/16)8
- Shooting injures two people in Cape early Tuesday (10/19/16)34
- 18-year-old killed in one-car crash Thursday morning (10/21/16)1
- Man arrested after dispute at school spurs brief lockdown (10/21/16)6
- 'I feel for them' (10/20/16)1
- Hundreds turn out for VintageNOW fundraiser (10/23/16)3
- Crews are working on the new Drury Hotel (10/21/16)4
- Benton man accused of statutory rape, selling pot (10/20/16)1
More performers lined up for Cape Girardeau air show
The U.S. Navy will not be the only branch of the armed forces represented when the Blue Angels fly into town later this month.
The Cape Girardeau Regional Air Festival announced the lineup of performers Monday. The list includes the U.S. Air Force's A-10 East Demonstration Team and the U.S. Army's Golden Knights parachute team.
Festival director Bruce Loy said the June 19 and 20 show will include skydiving, formation flying, veteran tributes, historical re-enactments and pyrotechnics from 11 performance groups.
"I'm excited to have all the different types of entertainers," he said.
Civilian performers include Franklin's Flying Circus, which includes a sword fight on the wing of a flying plane.
"They bring a little bit of Broadway, if you will," Loy said.
Pilots with Team RV engage in formation flying in planes they built, he said.
Gates open at 9 a.m. June 19 and the Golden Knights will kick off the show at 11:30 a.m. during the national anthem, he said.
The festival will be at the Cape Girardeau Regional Airport. For adults, advance tickets are $12 and gate tickets are $15. For children ages 7 to 12, all tickets are $7. Children 6 and younger will be admitted for free. Tickets are available online at http://www.capeairfestival.com.
Loy said the festival is still recruiting volunteers. To volunteer or find out more information, visit www.capeairfestival.com/volunteers.aspx or call 334-6230.
860 Limbaugh Drive, Scott City, MO