- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)47
- Neelys Landing man shot, killed by highway patrol trooper after traffic stop (05/01/16)43
- Bob Evans restaurant in Cape Girardeau among chain's 21 closings (04/26/16)9
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)8
- Police report filed, but no charges in incident at Cape Central (04/29/16)40
- 2016 All-Missourian Boys Basketball (04/29/16)
- Statement: Man says cops’ good work drove him to grow his own marijuana (05/01/16)1
- Two hurt in motorcycle wreck on Interstate 55 (04/25/16)1
- Senator introduces bill for I-57 that would connect Sikeston with Little Rock (04/28/16)4
- River Ridge Winery changes hands (05/02/16)
Shelby J. Mills, 69, of Cape Girardeau died Sunday, June 6, 2010, at her home.
She was born Jan. 13, 1941, in Bloomfield, Mo., to Raymond C. and Elizabeth Lewis Hood. She and John L. Mills were married Dec. 23, 1961, in Cape Girardeau.
Mills had been an administrative assistant. She was a member of First General Baptist Church. She had a passion for music and bowling.
Survivors include her parents of Cape Girardeau; husband; two sons, J. Craig and Shannon R. Mills of Cape Girardeau; a daughter, Stacey L. Marshall and husband Ross of Valparaiso, Ind.; a sister, Brenda K. Unsbee of Cape Girardeau; and two grandchildren, Clayton and Blake Marshall.
A memorial service will be at 4 p.m. Wednesday at First General Baptist Church, with Dean Jaggers officiating. Entombment will be in Cape County Memorial Park Mausoleum at a later date.
Ford and Sons Funeral Home is in charge of arrangements.
Memorial contributions may be given to First General Baptist Church in Cape Girardeau.
Online condolences may be made at www.fordandsonsfuneralhome.com.