- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)41
- Bob Evans restaurant in Cape Girardeau among chain's 21 closings (04/26/16)9
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)6
- Two hurt in motorcycle wreck on Interstate 55 (04/25/16)1
- Law firm requests information about Cape's traffic cameras (04/25/16)2
- Local lawmakers split over failed medical marijuana bill; voters may have a say (04/26/16)19
- Police report filed, but no charges in incident at Cape Central (04/29/16)20
- Tanker truck catches fire near Oak Ridge (04/24/16)7
- Local company makes eco-friendly kitty litter that cuts cat-box smell (04/25/16)
- Senator introduces bill for I-57 that would connect Sikeston with Little Rock (04/28/16)4
OLIVE BRANCH, Ill. -- Donald E. Masterson, 72, of Olive Branch passed away at 8:27 p.m. Friday, June 4, 2010, at his home.
Donald was born in Thebes, Ill., May 20, 1938, son of the late Ernest and Estella Bishop Masterson.
Donald was a retired ironworker with Local Union No. 392 of East St. Louis, Ill. He was a lifetime member of Ducks Unlimited and a member of the Horseshoe Lake Waterfowl Society.
Donald was preceded in death by his parents, and a son, Rick Masterson, on Dec. 15, 1995.
Survivors include his wife, Lucille Carner Masterson, of Olive Branch; three sons, Gregory Kent Masterson and Kevin Dewayne Masterson, both of Olive Branch, and David Scott Masterson of Cape Girardeau; a brother, Jesse Masterson of Bethalto, Ill.; and two grandchildren.
Per the family's request there will be no public services and cremation will follow. Private family services will be at a later date at the Olive Branch Cemetery in Olive Branch.
Jones Funeral Home, Tamms, Ill., is in charge of the arrangements.