- Mall aboard: Future requires evolution at West Park Mall (3/24/17)17
- Legal discrimination complaint, ethics complaint filed in Scott City government (3/22/17)13
- Business notebook: Cape native goes from farm to mobile-food operation (3/20/17)1
- Former Scott City administrator: 'I was forced to resign' (3/21/17)6
- Former Southeast softball coach sues Board of Regents; seeks damages and her job back (3/23/17)14
- Triplett manslaughter case set for July 2018 (3/21/17)2
- Two people found dead in Advance house fire (3/21/17)
- Two local lawmakers back charter school bill; Perryville lawmaker objects to measure (3/19/17)24
- Two Cape men charged with second-degree murder of Grandi (3/21/17)2
- Lawmakers put prevailing wage in crosshairs; laborers object (2/12/17)10
In Deep Water With Big Oil -- Slideshow Highlights
Today the Robin Carnahan campaign released a slideshow video demonstrating Congressman Blunt's 14-year Washington insider record of looking out for Big Oil. From easing restrictions on exploration, to allowing billions in government giveaways, Congressman Blunt has established himself as a friend of Big Oil and they have paid him back handsomely with campaign contributions. In fact, Congressman Blunt is an all-time top ten recipient of BP contributions in the House of Representatives. And this cycle, Congressman Blunt ranks 2nd in the entire House of Representatives when it comes to oil and gas contributions.
To see the slide show click here: http://robincarnahan.com/site/NoBigOilBa...
"The facts are undeniable -- Congressman Blunt has a 14-year Washington record of looking out for Big Oil," said campaign spokesman Linden Zakula. "Congressman Blunt pushed for the Wall Street bailout so there's every reason to believe he'll try to bail out Big Oil too. Congressman Blunt wants to argue details to mask his support for policies that would not guarantee taxpayers aren't left to pay for Big Oil's mess."
The slideshow video is the third in a series of web videos demanding that taxpayers not be on the hook for Big Oil's mess in the Gulf. To see the other videos and their backup documentation, click here: http://robincarnahan.com/site/NoBigOilBa...