- Cape teacher accused of assaulting student at football game (10/23/16)34
- Pedestrian killed during traffic collision on I-55 (10/23/16)8
- Scott County Sheriff Rick Walter faces challenge from criminal investigator Wes Drury (10/21/16)8
- Shooting injures two people in Cape early Tuesday (10/19/16)34
- 18-year-old killed in one-car crash Thursday morning (10/21/16)1
- Man arrested after dispute at school spurs brief lockdown (10/21/16)6
- 'I feel for them' (10/20/16)1
- Perry County: A great place to find home away from home (10/14/16)
- Hundreds turn out for VintageNOW fundraiser (10/23/16)3
- Crews are working on the new Drury Hotel (10/21/16)4
In Deep Water With Big Oil -- Slideshow Highlights
Today the Robin Carnahan campaign released a slideshow video demonstrating Congressman Blunt's 14-year Washington insider record of looking out for Big Oil. From easing restrictions on exploration, to allowing billions in government giveaways, Congressman Blunt has established himself as a friend of Big Oil and they have paid him back handsomely with campaign contributions. In fact, Congressman Blunt is an all-time top ten recipient of BP contributions in the House of Representatives. And this cycle, Congressman Blunt ranks 2nd in the entire House of Representatives when it comes to oil and gas contributions.
To see the slide show click here: http://robincarnahan.com/site/NoBigOilBa...
"The facts are undeniable -- Congressman Blunt has a 14-year Washington record of looking out for Big Oil," said campaign spokesman Linden Zakula. "Congressman Blunt pushed for the Wall Street bailout so there's every reason to believe he'll try to bail out Big Oil too. Congressman Blunt wants to argue details to mask his support for policies that would not guarantee taxpayers aren't left to pay for Big Oil's mess."
The slideshow video is the third in a series of web videos demanding that taxpayers not be on the hook for Big Oil's mess in the Gulf. To see the other videos and their backup documentation, click here: http://robincarnahan.com/site/NoBigOilBa...