- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)46
- Bob Evans restaurant in Cape Girardeau among chain's 21 closings (04/26/16)9
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)8
- Police report filed, but no charges in incident at Cape Central (04/29/16)40
- Two hurt in motorcycle wreck on Interstate 55 (04/25/16)1
- Senator introduces bill for I-57 that would connect Sikeston with Little Rock (04/28/16)4
- Law firm requests information about Cape's traffic cameras (04/25/16)3
- Local lawmakers split over failed medical marijuana bill; voters may have a say (04/26/16)19
- Local company makes eco-friendly kitty litter that cuts cat-box smell (04/25/16)
- Man accused of pointing BB gun at Chaffee resident (04/26/16)2
Area digest 6/4/10
Jackson Sr. Babe Ruth opens season
The Jackson Senior Babe Ruth baseball team scored 11 runs in both of its games against Mounds, Ill., to open its season Wednesday.
Jackson rode Austin Mueller's three-hitter to an 11-0 win in the opener.
Matt Stueve tossed four innings to earn the win in the 11-4 victory in the second game.
McCune wins golf outing
Sharon McCune was the top golfer in A flight at the Kimbeland Ladies golf outing.
Dorothy Holland won B flight, while Carolyn Barks took first in C flight. Vicki Long was the medalist.
The four-person team from Kimbeland of Margaret Sanders, Harriet Drusch, Sissy Donahue and Sherrie Simmons won a scramble at Ste. Genevieve Country Club with a 60. The team of McCune, JoAnn Williams, Gayle Gorham and Holland won A flight with a 71.
The team of Long, Barb Johnson, Donahue and Karen Heisel won the low gross trophy at the SEMO Golf Association tournament in Kennett.
-- From staff reports