- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)47
- Neelys Landing man shot, killed by highway patrol trooper after traffic stop (05/01/16)42
- Bob Evans restaurant in Cape Girardeau among chain's 21 closings (04/26/16)9
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)8
- Police report filed, but no charges in incident at Cape Central (04/29/16)40
- Two hurt in motorcycle wreck on Interstate 55 (04/25/16)1
- 2016 All-Missourian Boys Basketball (04/29/16)
- Senator introduces bill for I-57 that would connect Sikeston with Little Rock (04/28/16)4
- Law firm requests information about Cape's traffic cameras (04/25/16)3
- Local lawmakers split over failed medical marijuana bill; voters may have a say (04/26/16)19
ADVANCE, Mo. -- Martha Lou Wiggins Mitchell, 81, of Advance passed away Wednesday, June 2, 2010, at the Lutheran Home in Cape Girardeau.
She was born Jan. 11, 1929, at Advance, daughter of John Corbin and Carrie Goodman Wiggins.
Martha was a teacher in many schools.
Survivors include two sons, Mark Kurtis (Michelle) Mitchell of Advance, Cameron Creed (Sue) Mitchell of Jackson; two daughters, Sheri Lynn Mitchell of LaMirada, Calif., Tana Tamara Mitchell of Benicia, Calif.; a brother, Ferrell "Bud" Elma (Mildred) Wiggins of Advance; two sisters, June Christine Wiggins Ferrier of Advance, Rose Mary Wiggins Rachel of Akron, Ohio; five grandchildren; and two great-grandchildren.
Visitation will be from 5 to 8 p.m. today at Morgan Funeral Chapel in Advance.
The funeral will be at 11 a.m. Saturday at the chapel, with the Rev. Eric Shrum officiating. Burial will be in Morgan Memorial Park.