- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)46
- Bob Evans restaurant in Cape Girardeau among chain's 21 closings (04/26/16)9
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)8
- Police report filed, but no charges in incident at Cape Central (04/29/16)40
- Two hurt in motorcycle wreck on Interstate 55 (04/25/16)1
- Senator introduces bill for I-57 that would connect Sikeston with Little Rock (04/28/16)4
- Law firm requests information about Cape's traffic cameras (04/25/16)2
- Local lawmakers split over failed medical marijuana bill; voters may have a say (04/26/16)19
- Local company makes eco-friendly kitty litter that cuts cat-box smell (04/25/16)
- Man accused of pointing BB gun at Chaffee resident (04/26/16)2
About 300,000 Missourians waiting for tax refunds
JEFFERSON CITY, Mo. -- About 20 percent of Missourians who are due a state income tax refund are still waiting for their money.
State budget director Linda Luebbering said Thursday that individual income tax refunds are running a little behind because of Missouri's cash-flow concerns.
She says Missouri has received about 1.7 million requests for tax refunds, and so far and has paid about 1.4 million of those. Luebbering says she expects the roughly 300,000 remaining refunds to be paid by the end of June.