- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)46
- Bob Evans restaurant in Cape Girardeau among chain's 21 closings (04/26/16)9
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)7
- Police report filed, but no charges in incident at Cape Central (04/29/16)38
- Two hurt in motorcycle wreck on Interstate 55 (04/25/16)1
- Senator introduces bill for I-57 that would connect Sikeston with Little Rock (04/28/16)4
- Law firm requests information about Cape's traffic cameras (04/25/16)2
- Local lawmakers split over failed medical marijuana bill; voters may have a say (04/26/16)19
- Local company makes eco-friendly kitty litter that cuts cat-box smell (04/25/16)
- Man accused of pointing BB gun at Chaffee resident (04/26/16)2
Hundreds of dead chickens dumped in Missouri creek
WASHBURN, Mo. -- Barry County officials say several hundred dead chickens were dumped into a creek in southwest Missouri.
Barry County Sheriff Mick Epperly said the chickens were found May 30 in Flat Creek northeast of Washburn. Officials believe the animals were dumped from a bridge on May 29.
Epperly said hundreds of chickens were in the creek.
He said it took a cleanup crew from a nearby processing plant hours to remove the chickens from the water.
Officials from Barry County and the Missouri Department of Natural Resources are investigating.