- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)46
- Bob Evans restaurant in Cape Girardeau among chain's 21 closings (04/26/16)9
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)7
- Police report filed, but no charges in incident at Cape Central (04/29/16)38
- Two hurt in motorcycle wreck on Interstate 55 (04/25/16)1
- Senator introduces bill for I-57 that would connect Sikeston with Little Rock (04/28/16)4
- Law firm requests information about Cape's traffic cameras (04/25/16)2
- Local lawmakers split over failed medical marijuana bill; voters may have a say (04/26/16)19
- Local company makes eco-friendly kitty litter that cuts cat-box smell (04/25/16)
- Man accused of pointing BB gun at Chaffee resident (04/26/16)2
Ex-Veterans Commission worker indicted
ST. LOUIS -- A former Missouri Veterans Commission accountant who has already pleaded guilty to state charges now faces federal indictment accusing her of embezzling $90,000 in commission funds.
U.S. Attorney Richard Callahan on Thursday announced the indictment of 32-year-old Stacy Griffin-Lowery of Holts Summit on one count each of mail fraud, misapplication of government funds and aggravated identity theft.
The indictment alleges that from 2005 to 2008, Griffin-Lowery embezzled money intended to benefit veterans residing in nursing homes.
In addition to the criminal cases, Missouri's attorney general filed suit against Griffin-Lowery in April.
Griffin-Lowery did not have a listed phone number. A message was left with her attorney.