- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)48
- Neelys Landing man shot, killed by highway patrol trooper after traffic stop (05/01/16)43
- Bob Evans restaurant in Cape Girardeau among chain's 21 closings (04/26/16)9
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)8
- Police report filed, but no charges in incident at Cape Central (04/29/16)40
- 2016 All-Missourian Boys Basketball (04/29/16)
- Statement: Man says copsí good work drove him to grow his own marijuana (05/01/16)1
- Two hurt in motorcycle wreck on Interstate 55 (04/25/16)1
- Senator introduces bill for I-57 that would connect Sikeston with Little Rock (04/28/16)4
- River Ridge Winery changes hands (05/02/16)
Crowell to give legislative wrap-up at First Friday Coffee
Sen. Jason Crowell will give a summary of the 2010 Missouri legislative session this morning during the Cape Girardeau Chamber of Commerce's monthly First Friday Coffee.
Continental breakfast will be available starting at 7 a.m. at the Show Me Center, and the program will begin at 7:40 a.m.
Crowell will discuss the state's fiscal year 2011 budget, which starts July 1. He'll also talk about the budget outlook for 2012 and several legislative initiatives, including autism insurance coverage and DWI reform. Autism services in Southeast Missouri and community college access and gaming in Cape Girardeau also will be discussed. Crowell will give updates on the Heroes Way project and pension and tax credit reform. There will be a question-and-answer session.
This month's First Friday Coffee is sponsored by Elite Travel and the Cape Girardeau Career and Technology Center.