- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)46
- Neelys Landing man shot, killed by highway patrol trooper after traffic stop (05/01/16)42
- Bob Evans restaurant in Cape Girardeau among chain's 21 closings (04/26/16)9
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)8
- Police report filed, but no charges in incident at Cape Central (04/29/16)40
- Two hurt in motorcycle wreck on Interstate 55 (04/25/16)1
- 2016 All-Missourian Boys Basketball (04/29/16)
- Senator introduces bill for I-57 that would connect Sikeston with Little Rock (04/28/16)4
- Law firm requests information about Cape's traffic cameras (04/25/16)3
- Local lawmakers split over failed medical marijuana bill; voters may have a say (04/26/16)19
Janet Sue Lohr, 77, of Cape Girardeau died Tuesday, June 1, 2010, at Heartland Care and Rehab.
She was born May 28, 1933, in Sikeston, Mo., to Hugh David and Gladys Beatrice Swinney Stewart.
Mrs. Lohr taught music and art at Chaffee and Poplar Bluff, Mo., schools and at Central Junior High School and Schultz School in Cape Girardeau.
She was a booster club member at Southeast Missouri State University many years. She was a 25-year member of Chapter JN of PEO and was a past president. She was a devoted member of Abbey Road Christian Church and was a longtime choir member as well as choir director.
Survivors include two sons, David Lohr and wife Connie of Olathe, Kan., John Lohr and wife Julie of Cape Girardeau; three grandchildren, Luc Helwege, Allison Lohr and Sara Lohr.
She was preceded in death by her parents.
Friends may call from 4 to 8 p.m. Friday at Ford and Sons Mount Auburn Funeral Home.
The funeral will be at 10 a.m. Saturday at Abbey Road Christian Church, with the Rev. Rodger Kiepe officiating. Burial will be in Garden of Memories Cemetery in Sikeston, Mo.
Memorial contributions may be given to Alzheimer's Association, Abbey Road Christian Church or the Juvenile Diabetes Research Foundation.
Online condolences may be made at www.fordandsonsfuneralhome.com.