- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)46
- Bob Evans restaurant in Cape Girardeau among chain's 21 closings (04/26/16)9
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)8
- Police report filed, but no charges in incident at Cape Central (04/29/16)40
- Two hurt in motorcycle wreck on Interstate 55 (04/25/16)1
- Senator introduces bill for I-57 that would connect Sikeston with Little Rock (04/28/16)4
- Law firm requests information about Cape's traffic cameras (04/25/16)3
- Local lawmakers split over failed medical marijuana bill; voters may have a say (04/26/16)19
- Local company makes eco-friendly kitty litter that cuts cat-box smell (04/25/16)
- Man accused of pointing BB gun at Chaffee resident (04/26/16)2
BENTON, Mo. -- Drusilla Louise Scherer Felter, 92, of Benton died Monday, May 31, 2010, at Fountainbleau Lodge in Cape Girardeau.
She was born Oct. 3, 1917, in Ardeola, Mo., to John A. and Bertha Enderle Scherer. She and Zeno "Sam" Felter were married Sept. 27, 1950, in Benton. He passed away Jan. 23, 1977.
She was a member of St. Denis Catholic Church and its St. Ann's Sodality, American Legion Auxiliary Post 369, and Benton Senior Citizens. She was a lifetime resident of the Benton area.
Survivors include three sons, John (Janet) Felter, Zeno "Sam" (Jolene) Felter, Michael (Shari) Felter, all of Benton; seven grandchildren, Jennifer (Russell) Gadberry and Michelle Felter of Bertrand, Mo., John (Rachel) Derek, Laura and Trent Felter of Benton, Douglas (Lauren) Felter of Colby, Kan.; three great-grandchildren, Dylan and Morgan Juliana Gadberry of Bertrand and Natalie Felter of Colby; four brothers, Paul and Mark Scherer of Cape Girardeau, Vernon Scherer of Scott City and Robert Scherer of Venice, Fla.
She was preceded by her parents; two brothers, Raymond and Harold Scherer; and a sister, Louise Burger.
Friends may call from 4 to 8 p.m. today at Ford and Sons Funeral Home in Benton. Parish prayers will be at 7:30, followed by an American Legion Auxiliary prayer service.
The funeral will be at 10 a.m. Friday at St. Denis Catholic Church, with the Revs. Thomas Kiefer and Normand Varone officiating. Burial will be in St. Denis Cemetery.
Pallbearers will be John Felter II, Douglas, Derek and Trent Felter, Russell and Dylan Gadberry.
Memorial contributions may be given to the charity of choice.
Online condolences may be made at www.fordandsonsfuneralhome.com.