- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)45
- Bob Evans restaurant in Cape Girardeau among chain's 21 closings (04/26/16)9
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)6
- Two hurt in motorcycle wreck on Interstate 55 (04/25/16)1
- Law firm requests information about Cape's traffic cameras (04/25/16)2
- Local lawmakers split over failed medical marijuana bill; voters may have a say (04/26/16)19
- Police report filed, but no charges in incident at Cape Central (04/29/16)36
- Tanker truck catches fire near Oak Ridge (04/24/16)7
- Local company makes eco-friendly kitty litter that cuts cat-box smell (04/25/16)
- Senator introduces bill for I-57 that would connect Sikeston with Little Rock (04/28/16)4
PADUCAH, Ky. -- Norman E. Simpkins, 73, of Paducah passed away Saturday, May 29, 2010, at Western Baptist Hospital.
He was the son of Eddie E. and Crissie Parrish Simpkins.
Simpkins was a machinist for Walker Boat Yard. He attended Gospel Mission Worship Center.
Survivors include his wife, Charlotte Ann Pickens Simpkins; a daughter, Angela A. Henley and husband Neal of Paducah; a son, Mark E. Simpkins and wife Robin of Paducah; a grandson, Zachary N. Henley; two sisters, Shirley Bennett and Zelta Hileman; two brothers, Clifford and Harley Simpkins; several nieces and nephews.
He was preceded in death by a brother and a sister.
The family will receive friends from 5 to 8 p.m. today at Milner and Orr Funeral Home of Paducah.
The funeral will be at 11 a.m. Thursday at the funeral home, with the Rev. Thomas Williams officiating. A graveside service will be at 3 p.m. at Lindsey Cemetery in McClure, Ill.
You may light a candle and leave a message at www.milnerandorr.com.