- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)46
- Neelys Landing man shot, killed by highway patrol trooper after traffic stop (05/01/16)42
- Bob Evans restaurant in Cape Girardeau among chain's 21 closings (04/26/16)9
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)8
- Police report filed, but no charges in incident at Cape Central (04/29/16)40
- Two hurt in motorcycle wreck on Interstate 55 (04/25/16)1
- 2016 All-Missourian Boys Basketball (04/29/16)
- Senator introduces bill for I-57 that would connect Sikeston with Little Rock (04/28/16)4
- Law firm requests information about Cape's traffic cameras (04/25/16)3
- Local lawmakers split over failed medical marijuana bill; voters may have a say (04/26/16)19
Peggy Louise Lawrence, 69, of Jackson passed away Saturday, May 29, 2010, at her home.
She was born April 17, 1941, in Hunter, Mo., daughter of Finis and Rose Manlove Webb. She and Louie Lawrence were married Dec. 26, 1959, in Ellsinore, Mo.
She graduated from Grandin High School in 1959. She and Louie moved to Jackson in 1969, and she worked many years as a bookkeeper at Norman's Radiator Repair Shop in Cape Girardeau. She was an avid quilter and had a passion for reading. She also loved taking care of her family.
Survivors include her loving husband of 51 years, Louie of Jackson; a daughter and son-in-law, Leslie and Jeffry Jensen of Tucson, Ariz.; a sister, Mae Evelyn Howell of Bonne Terre, Mo.; and two brothers, Scotty Webb of St. Louis and Mike Webb of Hunter.
She was preceded in death by her parents.
Visitation will be from 4:30 p.m. Wednesday until the time of the service at McCombs Funeral Home and Cremation Center in Jackson.
A memorial service will be at 7 p.m. Wednesday at the funeral home.
In lieu of flowers, memorial donations may be made in memory of Peggy to the Salvation Army or to the Arthritis Foundation.
Online condolence messages may be sent to the family by visiting www.mccombsfuneralhome.com.