- Cape teacher accused of assaulting student at football game (10/23/16)41
- Pedestrian killed during traffic collision on I-55 (10/23/16)9
- Scott County Sheriff Rick Walter faces challenge from criminal investigator Wes Drury (10/21/16)9
- 18-year-old killed in one-car crash Thursday morning (10/21/16)1
- One issue reveals Clinton's character (10/25/16)18
- Man arrested after dispute at school spurs brief lockdown (10/21/16)6
- One victim IDs his attacker in shooting that killed woman (10/25/16)1
- 'I feel for them' (10/20/16)1
- Hundreds turn out for VintageNOW fundraiser (10/23/16)3
- R.P. Lumber chain buys Southeast Missouri Builders Supply in Cape (10/25/16)7
PERRYVILLE, Mo. -- Evla Mae Johnson of Perryville died Sunday, May 30, 2010, at Independence Care Center of Perry County. She was 88.
She was born July 4, 1921, in Millersville, daughter of the late Otis Ora and Minnie Mae Mantz Brown.
Survivors include a daughter, Dianne (Bob) Stone of Tilsit; two sons, Bill (Joyce) Johnson of Florissant, Mo., and Ron (Lana) Johnson of Cape Girardeau; a granddaughter, Amy (Mark) Powell of Jackson; three grandsons, Chris (Stephanie) Johnson of Winfield, Mo., Shannon (Tracey) Johnson of Florissant, Mo., and Andrew (Patty) Johnson of Millersville; nine great-grandsons; a sister, Viola Clifton of Wood River, Ill.; and many nieces, nephews, great-nieces and great-nephews.
She was preceded in death by her parents, two brothers, four sisters, a daughter, a son and a great-granddaughter.
Mrs. Johnson had worked at International Shoe Co. She was a member of Pleasant Grove Baptist Church and American Legion Auxiliary Post 133.
Visitation will be from 1 p.m. until time of service at 3 p.m. Thursday at Young and Sons Funeral Home in Perryville. Pastor Randy Butler will officiate. Burial will be in Pleasant Grove Cemetery.