- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)42
- Bob Evans restaurant in Cape Girardeau among chain's 21 closings (04/26/16)9
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)6
- Two hurt in motorcycle wreck on Interstate 55 (04/25/16)1
- Law firm requests information about Cape's traffic cameras (04/25/16)2
- Local lawmakers split over failed medical marijuana bill; voters may have a say (04/26/16)19
- Police report filed, but no charges in incident at Cape Central (04/29/16)31
- Tanker truck catches fire near Oak Ridge (04/24/16)7
- Local company makes eco-friendly kitty litter that cuts cat-box smell (04/25/16)
- Senator introduces bill for I-57 that would connect Sikeston with Little Rock (04/28/16)4
Area digest 5/30/10
Vandenbrook team wins tournament
The team of Brenda Vandenbrook, Mary Ellen Bean, Cheryl Bollinger and Mary Alice Regenhart won the Cape Girardeau Country Club's Women's Golf Association's Memorial Tournament.
There was a tie for second between the team of Vicki McKinney, Catharine Weed and Lisa Belich and the team of Kathy Morris, Shirley Moore and Judy Holcomb.
Fowler cards hole-in-one
Mark Fowler used a gap wedge to record an ace on hole No. 4 at Kimbeland Country Club.
The hole was playing 134 yards.
It was his third career hole-in-one.
Don Fowler, Marty Fowler and Bob Templeton witnessed the shot.
Kroenung scores first ace
Cape Girardeau's Glenn Kroenung used a 6-iron to record a hole-in-one on hole No. 18 at Kimbeland Country Club.
The hole was playing 128 yards.
It was his first ace after 57 years of playing.
Randy Bohn and Ken Hosea witnessed the shot.
-- From staff reports