- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)41
- Bob Evans restaurant in Cape Girardeau among chain's 21 closings (04/26/16)9
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)6
- Two hurt in motorcycle wreck on Interstate 55 (04/25/16)1
- Law firm requests information about Cape's traffic cameras (04/25/16)2
- Local lawmakers split over failed medical marijuana bill; voters may have a say (04/26/16)19
- Police report filed, but no charges in incident at Cape Central (04/29/16)18
- Tanker truck catches fire near Oak Ridge (04/24/16)7
- Local company makes eco-friendly kitty litter that cuts cat-box smell (04/25/16)
- Senator introduces bill for I-57 that would connect Sikeston with Little Rock (04/28/16)4
MARBLE HILL, Mo. -- Joseph William Moody, 79, of Marble Hill was born April 27, 1931, in New Madrid, Mo., son of Otis and Geneveve Zilafro Moody, and passed away May 28, 2010, at Woodland Hills in Marble Hill.
Joseph was a retired auto mechanic. He was a veteran of the U.S. Army, serving in World War II.
Survivors include three sons, Jimmy Dale Moody of Zalma, Mo., Ronnie Lee Moody, Ronald E. Moody; three daughters, Beverley Cruz of Sikeston, Mo., Gail Cox and Kathy Coplin, both of Park Hills, Mo.; three sisters, Lena Morrison of Rogers, Ark., Rebecca Moody of Idaho, Patricia Moody; 20 grandchildren; and 20 great-grandchildren.
He was preceded in death by two sons, Billy Jo Moody and Travis Moody; an infant daughter; a grandson, James Moody; and a half-sister, Marie Bible.
Visitation will be from 11 a.m. to 1 p.m. Tuesday at Morgan Funeral Chapel in Advance, Mo.
The funeral will be at 1 p.m. at the chapel, with the Rev. Rudy Pittman officiating. Burial will follow in Morgan Memorial Park in Advance, with full military rites.