- Author of Waller's manuscript rewarded for helping feds (1/13/18)
- Police: Man dies from self-inflicted gunshot after standoff in south Cape (1/14/18)3
- MCA calls for protection of those found not guilty of animal abuse (1/10/18)2
- Scaling up: Long John Silver's adding an A&W (1/10/18)3
- Word to your superintendent: Glass rocks Vanilla Ice parody to announce cancellation (1/13/18)3
- Southeast to cut workforce to meet budget needs caused by state cuts (1/10/18)7
- Jackson Area Chamber of Commerce recognizes commitment to community at annual awards banquet (1/13/18)
- Church, businesses set up pop-up homeless shelter as winter storm approaches (1/12/18)1
- Plaintiffs' attorney wants jury to see basement steps at Cape courthouse (1/10/18)
- City of Oran water rates violate state law, auditors find; report details financial-management problems (1/13/18)2
Homeless Services in the Cape Girardeau area
The New Life Evangelistic Center (NLEC) provides many services to the homeless throughout the Cape Girardeau area. At 707 Broadway in Cape Girardeau, NLEC provides free overnight shelter for homeless women, children and men as well as transitional housing. It also provides free food, free support groups and clothing for the homeless.
At various locations throughout Mid-America, NLEC provides on the job training programs in retail work, radio television, building maintenance and repair, renewable energy, clerical work, housing construction, and much more.
For further information go to www.newlifeevangelisticcenter.org.
When people are hurting, New Life Evangelistic Center is there.