- Two men accused of selling meth to undercover cop (6/22/17)
- Cape man stabbed in head, arm after strip-club incident; skull fractured, police say (6/25/17)3
- Police: Man grabbed wheel, tried to kill driver and himself in Jackson crash (6/23/17)
- Jackson scores high in survey of residents; better streets, Aldi are high priorities (6/20/17)4
- Marble Hill mayor hires city manager without board approval (6/21/17)3
- Annual SEMO District Fair event lineup announced (6/23/17)1
- Oran town board fired officer before hiring him as police chief; city officials say they can't remember reason for firing (6/25/17)2
- Two charged in theft of jewelry from Cape storage facility (6/23/17)1
- Playing with fire (6/25/17)
- Judge denies request to revoke sheriff's bond (6/25/17)3
Homeless Services in the Cape Girardeau area
The New Life Evangelistic Center (NLEC) provides many services to the homeless throughout the Cape Girardeau area. At 707 Broadway in Cape Girardeau, NLEC provides free overnight shelter for homeless women, children and men as well as transitional housing. It also provides free food, free support groups and clothing for the homeless.
At various locations throughout Mid-America, NLEC provides on the job training programs in retail work, radio television, building maintenance and repair, renewable energy, clerical work, housing construction, and much more.
For further information go to www.newlifeevangelisticcenter.org.
When people are hurting, New Life Evangelistic Center is there.