- Neelys Landing man shot, killed by highway patrol trooper after traffic stop (05/01/16)43
- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)49
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)8
- River Ridge Winery changes hands (05/02/16)
- Police report filed, but no charges in incident at Cape Central (04/29/16)40
- 2016 All-Missourian Boys Basketball (04/29/16)
- Statement: Man says copsí good work drove him to grow his own marijuana (05/01/16)1
- Bob Evans restaurant in Cape Girardeau among chain's 21 closings (04/26/16)9
- Senator introduces bill for I-57 that would connect Sikeston with Little Rock (04/28/16)4
- Hopper Road to close for months during construction of Veterans Drive (04/27/16)9
Trip to see 'Beauty and the Beast' planned
The Cape Girardeau Parks and Recreation Department will take a group to see "Beauty and the Beast" on June 24 at The Muny in St. Louis. Tickets for the show are $53 per person for seats in Terrace B. The price of the ticket covers the show and charter bus to St. Louis. The bus will leave from the Osage Community Centre at 5 p.m. June 24. The show begins at 8:15 p.m. Call the Parks and Recreation Department at 339-6340 for more information.
Eftink/Eeftink families get together
The Eftink/Eeftink reunion will be June 13. It will began with a Mass at 11:30 a.m. at St. John's Church in Leopold, Mo. Monsignor Ed Eftink will officiate with dinner immediately following at the Knights of Columbus hall in Leopold. The coordinators are asking attendees to bring old family photos and stories. Paper products and drinks will be provided. For more information, contact Norbert Vangennip at 573-238-5494 or Jeff Eftink at 573-238-3334 or e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org.
McGraw and Hanners hold family reunion
The McGraw and Hanners family will have a reunion beginning at 10 a.m. Saturday at the Paddle Saddle Club. Lunch and dinner will be served, but the family is asking that attendees bring a covered dish and dessert. For more information, call David Bucher at 573-547-1388.
Trail of Hope for St. Jude event Saturday
The third annual Trail of Hope for St. Jude event will begin at 12:30 p.m. Saturday. The event will be at the Besand farm on County Road 472 off Route B in the Daisy/Oak Ridge area. All trail riders are asked to submit a $30 donation that will cover the ride, dinner auction, dance and T-shirt. Children 12 and younger will be asked to donate $10 to ride on the hay wagons. There is a $5 gate fee for all nonriders who attend. For more information, call 573-266-3260 or 573-225-0954.
Church planning vacation Bible school
The Zion United Methodist Church will be hosting a vacation Bible school titled "Galaxy Blast" from June 13 to 18. All children ages 2 through sixth grade are welcomed to attend. A nursery will also be provided for children younger than 2. Meals will be provided every evening starting at 5:30 p.m., program runs from 6 to 8 p.m. To register, visit www.umcgordonvillezion.org.
Wetlands Center hosts wildlife exhibit
The Cache River Wetlands Center will host an exhibit featuring some of the wildlife that are currently in the Cache River wetlands from 1 to 3 p.m. Thursday. Live birds of prey, like owls, vultures and hawks, will be showcased. The event will be free to the public. For more information, contact the Cypress Creek National Wildlife Refuge at 618-634-2231.