- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)45
- Bob Evans restaurant in Cape Girardeau among chain's 21 closings (04/26/16)9
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)6
- Two hurt in motorcycle wreck on Interstate 55 (04/25/16)1
- Law firm requests information about Cape's traffic cameras (04/25/16)2
- Local lawmakers split over failed medical marijuana bill; voters may have a say (04/26/16)19
- Police report filed, but no charges in incident at Cape Central (04/29/16)35
- Tanker truck catches fire near Oak Ridge (04/24/16)7
- Local company makes eco-friendly kitty litter that cuts cat-box smell (04/25/16)
- Senator introduces bill for I-57 that would connect Sikeston with Little Rock (04/28/16)4
Shrum - Reeves
Jeanne Shrum and James and Ruth Shrum of Cape Girardeau announce the engagement of their daughter, Amanda Kaye Shrum, to Joshua Michael Reeves. He is the son of Denny and Paula Reeves of Springfield, Mo.
Shrum is a 2008 graduate of Central High School. She expects to graduate from Southeast Missouri Hospital College of Nursing and Health Sciences in 2011. She is a nurse extern at Southeast Hospital.
Reeves is a 2006 graduate of Central High School. He expects to receive a bachelor of fine arts in graphic design from Southeast Missouri State University this fall. He is a graphic design artist at the university's Student Recreation Center, and is on staff at Jaycee Municipal Golf Course.
The couple plans to be married March 11, 2011, at La Croix United Methodist Church.