- Business Notebook: Millersville Pit Stop opening Friday; newly rebuilt convenience store to feature favorites (7/16/18)
- Dexter Bar-B-Que in Jackson moving location (7/12/18)1
- Car packages: Local stores adding pickup services as part of nationwide trend (7/14/18)1
- Voters to choose from crowded field for Scott County presiding commissioner (7/10/18)1
- Mary Jane bourbon + smokehouse + Cape (7/9/18)4
- Developer: Construction moving into new phases on Marriott (7/12/18)1
- New safety measures being put in place in Jackson School District (7/11/18)3
- Harbor Freight to open next week in Cape Girardeau (7/10/18)
- Relentless flood swamped towns, turned roads into lakes 25 years ago this summer (7/16/18)
- Former police officer, disabled vet vie for state representative seat (7/11/18)2
Helen Alma Trickey, 89, of Cape Girardeau died Thursday, May 27, 2010, at the Lutheran Home.
She was born Jan. 12, 1921, in Cape Girardeau, daughter of Anton and Ida Schlitt Glueck. She and Vincent Trickey were married Jan. 12, 1947, in Cape Girardeau. He died in January 1992.
Helen was a lifetime resident of Cape Girardeau. She worked in the laundry department at Southeast Missouri Hospital 25 years. She was a member of Old St. Vincent's Catholic Church and Southeast Missouri Hospital Auxiliary.
Survivors include a son, Stan Trickey of Jackson; a daughter, Janet (Jim) Temperley of Bettendorf, Iowa; three grandchildren, Erica Trickey, Jessica Temperley and Jacob Temperley.
She was preceded in death by her parents; husband; daughter-in-law, Judy Trickey; two brothers, Charles and Paul Glueck; two sisters, Martha Scheeter and Catherine Dunn.
Friends may call from 4 to 8 p.m. today at Ford and Sons Mount Auburn Funeral Home. Parish prayers will be at 7.
The funeral will be at 9 a.m. Saturday at the funeral home, with the Rev. Tom Kiefer officiating. Burial will be in St. Mary's Cemetery.
Online condolences may be made at www.fordandsonsfuneralhome.com.