- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)45
- Bob Evans restaurant in Cape Girardeau among chain's 21 closings (04/26/16)9
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)6
- Police report filed, but no charges in incident at Cape Central (04/29/16)37
- Two hurt in motorcycle wreck on Interstate 55 (04/25/16)1
- Senator introduces bill for I-57 that would connect Sikeston with Little Rock (04/28/16)4
- Law firm requests information about Cape's traffic cameras (04/25/16)2
- Local lawmakers split over failed medical marijuana bill; voters may have a say (04/26/16)19
- Local company makes eco-friendly kitty litter that cuts cat-box smell (04/25/16)
- Man accused of pointing BB gun at Chaffee resident (04/26/16)2
People on the move 06/06/05
US Bank names market president
Cord Polen has been promoted to market president of US Bank in Cape Girardeau. He is based at the North Kingshighway office and is responsible for day-to-day business development and operations for US Bank's four offices in the Cape Girardeau and Jackson markets. Polen continues in his role of overseeing the lending activities for US Bank in Cape Girardeau. He first joined US Bank in February 2004.
Accountants attend school audit conference
Debbie Johns and Mike Radake with the firm of Van de Ven LLC recently attended a governmental accounting conference in Columbia, Mo. Program highlights included recent developments in government auditing standards, auditor and client responsibilities when auditing for fraud and practicing good ethics. Radake is the audit manager and Johns is an audit supervisor for Van de Ven.
Big River Telephone hires 2002 Southeast grad
Matthew Gamel of Hillsboro, Mo., has joined Big River Telephone Co. out of its Cape Girardeau location. Gamel graduated from Southeast Missouri State University in 2002 with a degree in computer science. He has recently worked for an interconnect company helping them forge a strategy to take advantage of the rapidly changing telecommunications industry. The Cape Girardeau-based company delivers local, long distance, data, and Internet services to the region.
Health department names employee of the month
The Missouri Department of Health and Senior Services has named Cynthia Kothe employee of the month for May. She is a social services worker for the Cape Girardeau County Home and Community Services. The department is honoring Kothe because she "went above and beyond the call of duty in an elder abuse situation."
Commercial manager at US Bank named
Michael Buckley has been named commercial relationship manager at US Bank in Cape Girardeau. He will be responsible for managing commercial and middle-market relationships in Cape Girardeau and the surrounding area. Buckley also received the title assistant vice president.
General Electric Capital appoints insurance rep
Caroll Williams has been appointed to be a long-term care insurance representative with General Electric Capital Assurance Co., the long-term care insurance division of Genworth Financial. Williams will represent the company in Southeast Missouri. Williams taught and coached at Southeast Missouri State University for many years.