- Neelys Landing man shot, killed by highway patrol trooper after traffic stop (05/01/16)43
- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)49
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)8
- Neighbors mystified over why man was killed by state trooper (05/03/16)20
- River Ridge Winery changes hands (05/02/16)
- Police report filed, but no charges in incident at Cape Central (04/29/16)40
- 2016 All-Missourian Boys Basketball (04/29/16)
- Statement: Man says cops’ good work drove him to grow his own marijuana (05/01/16)1
- Senator introduces bill for I-57 that would connect Sikeston with Little Rock (04/28/16)4
- 'American Pickers' visits Poplar Bluff (04/29/16)
Cape Girardeau city Council 6-6-05
7 p.m. today
City hall, 401 Independence St.
Study session at 5 p.m.
* A public hearing to discuss the past performance by the city in carrying out the Community Development Block Grant 2000 loan and 2001 grant to construct a building and water main to support the location of an aircraft manufacturer at the Cape Girardeau Regional Airport.
* A public hearing regarding the proposed annual operating budget for fiscal year 2005-2006.
* A public hearing regarding the request of Stacy Lange for a special-use permit for a day care for up to eight children with one assistant at 733 Watkins Drive, located in an R-4, multifamily residential district.
* A public hearing regarding the request of Dalhousie LLC to rezone a tract of property at the northern end of the proposed development at the Dalhousie golf course to R-4, multifamily residential, and a special use permit for a community unit plan for condominiums in an R-1, single-family residential district.
* A public hearing regarding the request of the Plunk Family Revocable Living Trust, Raymond Smith and the city of Cape Girardeau for a special use permit for parking in a residential district for a commercial establishment at 506 N. West End Blvd. located in an R-2, single-family residential district.
* A public hearing to consider vacating the city's interest in a 16-foot alley that runs from Herman Street to College Street, between Louis and Koch streets.
(Second and third readings)
* An ordinance amending the city code by establishing handicap parking on a portion of Broadway.
* An ordinance approving the record plat of Cape Meadows Second.
* An ordinance accepting permanent waterline easements and temporary construction easements from various property owners for waterline improvements along Bertling Street and Old Sprigg Street Road.
* An ordinance accepting temporary construction easements from various property owners for the improvement of Broadway between Perry Avenue and Houck Place. Second and Third Readings.
* An ordinance accepting a general warranty deed from A&A of Cape Girardeau Inc. for property on Lisa Drive for stormwater improvements.
* An ordinance amending the city code relating to disposal of waste charges.
* An ordinance amending the city code relating to water rates.
* An ordinance amending the city code relating to sewer service charges.
* An ordinance amending the city code relating to solid waste fees.
* An ordinance adopting the annual operating budget for the fiscal year beginning July 1, 2005.
* An ordinance granting a special-use permit to Jerome and Brenda Seyer and Stacy Lange for purposes of maintaining and operating a daycare at 733 Watkins Drive.
* An ordinance granting a special use permit to Dalhousie LLC for the purpose of constructing, maintaining and operating a community unit plan located on the northern end of the proposed development site at the Dalhousie Golf Club.
* An ordinance changing the zoning of the northern end of the proposed development site at Dalhousie Golf Course from R-1 to R-4.
* An ordinance granting a special-use permit to the City of Cape Girardeau for purposes of constructing and maintaining a parking lot at 506 N. West End Blvd.
* An ordinance authorizing the city manager to execute a contract with Kelley Transportation Co. Inc. for the subsidized transportation coupon services.
* An ordinance vacating an alley running from Herman Street to College Street between Louis and Koch streets.
* An ordinance accepting a permanent construction easement from St. Andrew Lutheran Church to construct and maintain a cul-de-sac as part of the Kingshighway-Cape Rock Drive-Kingsway Traffic Improvement Project.
* An ordinance amending the city code by establishing a no-parking zone on North West End Boulevard near the intersection of Highland Drive.
* An ordinance accepting sanitary sewer, utility and access easements from various property owners for B, C and D sanitary sewers to serve Whispering Oaks Subdivision and The Meadows of Whispering Oaks.
* A resolution authorizing the city manager to execute an amendment to the agreement for professional services with Jacobs Civil Inc. for the South Ramsey Lift Station Project.
* A resolution authorizing the city manager to execute a Web site development and hosting agreement with Element 74 LLC for the city of Cape Girardeau.
* A resolution authorizing the city manager to close Kingsway Drive permanently adjacent to St. Andrew Lutheran Church.
* Appointments to the Board of Adjustment, the Historic Preservation Commission, the Cable Television Advisory Committee, the Vision 2020 Community Relations Council.
* A conditional approval of a 5 percent beer by-the-drink license for MidAmerica Hotels, Corp., d/b/a Holiday Inn Express, 3253 William St.
* Renewal of original package liquor and Sunday sales for Martin & Bayley, Inc. d/b/a Hucks Food & Fuel 271, 353 S. Kingshighway; Sam's East Inc. d/b/a Sam's Club 6479, 232 Shirley Drive; Cassandra Lee Gibson d/b/a JD's Quick Shop, 1101 William St.
* Renewal of retail liquor by-the-drink license for Jerel Lichtenegger d/b/a Taqueria Fiesta Mexicana, 3049 William St.; Mid America Trading LLC d/b/a Saffron, 97 N. Kingshighway; Mark J. Weber d/b/a Rude Dog Pub, 123 N. Main St.; Fred Glueck d/b/a Player's, 632 Broadway,; Independence Place Inc. d/b/a Main Street Bar, 701 N. Main St.; Independence Place Inc. d/b/a Independence Place, 5 S. Henderson Ave.; Autumn Demopoulos d/b/a California Juice Club, 1034 Broadway; Craig Horky d/b/a Daytimer's Lounge, 829 S. Kingshighway.
* Renewal of retail liquor by-the-drink and Sunday sales license for Rockhouse Entertainment d/b/a Show-Me's, 1751 Independence St.; Gourmet Systems Inc. d/b/a Applebee's Neighborhood Grill & Bar, 202 S. Broadview; Loi Ha d/b/a The Billiard Center, 26 N. Main St.; Drury Lodge Inc., 104 Vantage Drive.
* Renewal of 5 percent beer by-the-drink and wine tasting for Debra Martin d/b/a Patricia Ann's LLC, 130 N. Main St.
* Conditional renewal of the following liquor licenses for original package liquor for Pajco, Inc. d/b/a Rhodes 101 Stop, 1620 N. Kingshighway.
* Renewal of original package liquor and Sunday sales for Bi-State Oil Co. d/b/a Bi-State/Southern, 400 Morgan Oak, Robert Scott Blank, managing officer; Wal-Mart Stores East LP d/b/a Wal-Mart Supercenter #188, 3439 William, Janet Lynn, managing officer
* Renewal of retail liquor by the drink for Rodney Pobst d/b/a Pourhouse Pub, 113 Broadway; Tamara Zellers Buck d/b/a The Phat Cat, 731 Broadway; McGroarty's, Inc d/b/a Jeremiah's, 127 N. Water, St.; Misty Thrower d/b/a Bel Air Grill, 24 S. Spanish St.; Carol Jean Littge d/b/a Pockets, 1444 Independence St.
* Renewal for retail liquor by the drink and Sunday sales for Doc Cain, Inc. d/b/a Port Cape Girardeau, 19 N. Water St.; Somchai Prasanphanich d/b/a Pagoda Gardens, 329 S. Kingshighway; Mollie's Café Bar of Cape Girardeau Inc., 11 S. Spanish St.; Drury Inns, Inc d/b/a Drury Suites, 3303 Campster Drive; S. Cordell Dombrowski d/b/a Dalhousie Golf Club LLC, 5670 Bloomfield Road; Cape Girardeau Country Club Trust, 250 Country Club Drive; Marx LLC d/b/a Bella Italia, 20 N. Spanish St.; Phillip Brinson d/b/a Cape Girardeau Brewing Co. LLC, 132 N. Main St.
* Renewal of 5 percent beer by the drink for P.H. of Cape Girardeau Inc. d/b/a Pizza Hut, 215 S. Kingshighway.
* Renewal of 5 percent beer by the drink and Sunday sales for SEMO Pizza Inc. d/b/a Imo's Pizza, 1201 Broadway.
* Renewal of manufacturer of beer for Phillip Brinson d/b/a Cape Girardeau Brewing Co. LLC, 132 N. Main St.
* A motion accepting into the city's system the B, C and D sanitary sewers to serve Whispering Oaks Subdivision and The Meadows of Whispering Oaks Subdivision, except for lift station C1, manhole C29, the gravity sewer and manholes from manhole C29 to lift station C1 and the 8-inch force main from lift station C1 to B23.