- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)46
- Bob Evans restaurant in Cape Girardeau among chain's 21 closings (04/26/16)9
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)8
- Police report filed, but no charges in incident at Cape Central (04/29/16)40
- Two hurt in motorcycle wreck on Interstate 55 (04/25/16)1
- Senator introduces bill for I-57 that would connect Sikeston with Little Rock (04/28/16)4
- Law firm requests information about Cape's traffic cameras (04/25/16)3
- Local lawmakers split over failed medical marijuana bill; voters may have a say (04/26/16)19
- Local company makes eco-friendly kitty litter that cuts cat-box smell (04/25/16)
- Man accused of pointing BB gun at Chaffee resident (04/26/16)2
One injured in ATV, school bus crash
GRASSY, Mo. - One person was injured in a crash involving an ATV and school bus on Highway 34 Tuesday afternoon.
The Missouri State Highway Patrol said the accident occurred around 2:28 p.m. when a 1989 Honda 4Trax crossed the center line of the roadway, striking a 2005 Bluebird bus. The 4Trax then overturned.
The 4Trax was totaled and its driver, John W. Yount, 50, of Greenville, Mo., was treated for moderate injuries at Saint Francis Medical Center in Cape Girardeau. The driver of the school bus, Claudett M. Cureton, 41, of Glen Allen, Mo., was not injured.