- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)46
- Bob Evans restaurant in Cape Girardeau among chain's 21 closings (04/26/16)9
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)8
- Police report filed, but no charges in incident at Cape Central (04/29/16)40
- Two hurt in motorcycle wreck on Interstate 55 (04/25/16)1
- Senator introduces bill for I-57 that would connect Sikeston with Little Rock (04/28/16)4
- Law firm requests information about Cape's traffic cameras (04/25/16)3
- Local lawmakers split over failed medical marijuana bill; voters may have a say (04/26/16)19
- Local company makes eco-friendly kitty litter that cuts cat-box smell (04/25/16)
- Man accused of pointing BB gun at Chaffee resident (04/26/16)2
The family of Sarah Evelyn Biler, 73, sadly announces her passing Tuesday, May 11, 2010, at her home in San Jacinto, Calif.
She was born April 26, 1937. She grew up in Chaffee, Mo.
Survivors include her children, Evelyn Biler Menz of San Jacinto, Kristie Lowery of Bonne Terre, Mo., Theresa Robinson of Cape Girardeau, Mary Gerould of San Jose, Calif., William J. Biler of Las Vegas; a sister, Dorothy Crump of Chaffee; eight grandchildren; 11 great-grandchildren; and 24 nieces and nephews.
She was preceded in death by her husband, William T. Biler; a brother, Dennis Mills; a sister, Mary Ramona Mills; her mother, Lesta Haddock Hawkins; and her father, Gilbert Mills.
A private service was held May 15 in celebration of her life, a life well lived, one where so much was given and so little was taken. Her love, laughter and incredible sense of adventure will resonate forever in all of us who love her.
In lieu of flowers or other contributions, her family asks that you please contact someone you love, someone who needs to hear that from you. As Sarah often reminded us, "There is really only one thing that we all want and need. And that is to simply know we are each loved by another."
The Cremation Society of Riverside County, Calif., handled the arrangements.