- Feds ask judge to impose $6.5 million punishment for Cape surgeon (12/7/17)9
- Harbor Freight Tools plans to move ahead with Cape Girardeau store (12/5/17)2
- Former Wimpy's Drive-In owner Freeman Lewis dies (12/9/17)2
- Business Notebook: Yule Log Cabin gets home feel honestly (12/4/17)
- Makeover at the movies: Transformation complete inside Cape theater (12/8/17)4
- Sugarfire Cape barbecue restaurant to open June 2018 (12/7/17)
- Fire displaces family of seven (12/5/17)1
- Fruitland Army veteran spends weeks helping in ravaged Puerto Rico (12/5/17)2
- Pedestrian struck on Broadway (12/11/17)4
- Jury convicts Scott City man who confessed to murder; girlfriend's testimony corroborates confession (12/9/17)
Fifteen PES Students Receive President's Award
Fifteen fourth graders from Perryville Elementary School were recently awarded the President's Award for Educational Excellence.
The purpose of the award is to recognize student academic success in the classroom. To be eligible for the President's Award of Educational Excellence, students must have received all A's or A-'s throughout the school year and scored at the 85th percentile on MAP test in communication arts or math. Students receiving the award are: (front from left) Kwaid Fears, Ted Cook, Brandon Moll, Jocelyn Brauns, Grace Buchheit; (2nd row from left) Annie Christisen, Madison Behrle, Rachel Bachmann, Megan Brown, Blaid French; (3rd row from left) Anna Geurkink, Bayleigh Cairns, Kayla Meier, Cara Luttrell, and Maci Hotop.
(Photo by L. Boxdorfer, Perry County School Dist. No. 32)