- Two men seriously hurt in crash near Fruitland (9/21/16)3
- Perryville man arrested for alleged patronizing prostitution, harassment (9/23/16)6
- Video and evidence largely confirm trooper's claims in April traffic stop shooting (9/23/16)7
- Cape man may lose eye after shovel beating, police say (9/25/16)2
- Funeral procession of former Cape Girardeau police chief Henry H. Gerecke (9/22/16)17
- Cape man accused of attacking pregnant girlfriend (9/22/16)
- Driver charged with manslaughter in crash that killed 2 (9/27/16)
- Show Me Center upgrades may allow facility to draw more elaborate shows (9/21/16)17
- Man convicted of Perryville convenience-store heist (9/21/16)
- Planning, design puts renovations of H-H building into hotel on hold (9/26/16)4
Fifteen PES Students Receive President's Award
Fifteen fourth graders from Perryville Elementary School were recently awarded the President's Award for Educational Excellence.
The purpose of the award is to recognize student academic success in the classroom. To be eligible for the President's Award of Educational Excellence, students must have received all A's or A-'s throughout the school year and scored at the 85th percentile on MAP test in communication arts or math. Students receiving the award are: (front from left) Kwaid Fears, Ted Cook, Brandon Moll, Jocelyn Brauns, Grace Buchheit; (2nd row from left) Annie Christisen, Madison Behrle, Rachel Bachmann, Megan Brown, Blaid French; (3rd row from left) Anna Geurkink, Bayleigh Cairns, Kayla Meier, Cara Luttrell, and Maci Hotop.
(Photo by L. Boxdorfer, Perry County School Dist. No. 32)