- Golden Corral coming to Cape; may hire 100 workers (7/21/16)10
- Arrest warrants filed for six drug suspects in Cape (7/19/16)6
- Area groups working together to reintroduce elk in Missouri (7/18/16)1
- Suspect in downtown Cape shooting ID'd in court (7/20/16)2
- Prosecutor says shooting by state trooper was justified (7/24/16)15
- Hastings in Cape closing (7/22/16)5
- Governor signs Rep. Swan bill that equalizes child-custody criteria (7/6/16)5
- City may spend extra park tax money on Cape Splash, skate park, other projects (7/25/16)10
- Jackson's former police dog euthanized Monday (7/21/16)2
- 'I want to see how far I can go' (7/21/16)2
Fifteen PES Students Receive President's Award
Fifteen fourth graders from Perryville Elementary School were recently awarded the President's Award for Educational Excellence.
The purpose of the award is to recognize student academic success in the classroom. To be eligible for the President's Award of Educational Excellence, students must have received all A's or A-'s throughout the school year and scored at the 85th percentile on MAP test in communication arts or math. Students receiving the award are: (front from left) Kwaid Fears, Ted Cook, Brandon Moll, Jocelyn Brauns, Grace Buchheit; (2nd row from left) Annie Christisen, Madison Behrle, Rachel Bachmann, Megan Brown, Blaid French; (3rd row from left) Anna Geurkink, Bayleigh Cairns, Kayla Meier, Cara Luttrell, and Maci Hotop.
(Photo by L. Boxdorfer, Perry County School Dist. No. 32)