- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)47
- Neelys Landing man shot, killed by highway patrol trooper after traffic stop (05/01/16)43
- Bob Evans restaurant in Cape Girardeau among chain's 21 closings (04/26/16)9
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)8
- Police report filed, but no charges in incident at Cape Central (04/29/16)40
- 2016 All-Missourian Boys Basketball (04/29/16)
- Statement: Man says cops’ good work drove him to grow his own marijuana (05/01/16)1
- Two hurt in motorcycle wreck on Interstate 55 (04/25/16)1
- Senator introduces bill for I-57 that would connect Sikeston with Little Rock (04/28/16)4
- River Ridge Winery changes hands (05/01/16)
ANNA, Ill.-- Marie Elaine Held, 96, of Anna died Sunday, May 23, 2010, at Union County Hospital in Anna.
She was born Dec. 25, 1913, in McClure, Ill., daughter of James Aud and Ola May Cleaver Rogers. Marie married August "Gus" Held on April 2, 1934, in Anna. He preceded her in death in 1981.
Marie was a member of Trinity Lutheran Church in Anna and its Ladies Guild.
Survivors include a son, Jerry L. (Mildred) Held of Olive Branch, Ill.; a daughter, Helen (Bob) Underwood of Ottawa, Ill.; seven grandchildren; nine great-grandchildren; and seven great-great-grandchildren.
Also five sisters, Annie Blaylock of Anna, Wilma Colyer of McClure, Leoda Watkins of Ware, Ill., Jean Moss of Anna, and Doris Jobe of Virginia Beach, Va.; several nieces, nephews, and many friends.
She was preceded in death by her parents, James and Ola Rogers; her husband, August "Gus" Held; a daughter, Betty Jean Held; a sister, Louise Hodges; two brothers, Lawrence "Buddy" Rogers and LeRoy Rogers; and three infant brothers, Willie, Elvis and Orville Rogers.
Friends may call from 5 to 8 p.m. Wednesday at Rendleman and Hileman Funeral Home in Jonesboro, Ill.
The funeral will be at 10 a.m. Thursday at the funeral home, with the Rev. Eric Wood officiating. Interment will be in Lindsey Cemetery at McClure.
Memorial contributions may be made to Lindsey Cemetery and envelopes will be available at the funeral home.