- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)45
- Bob Evans restaurant in Cape Girardeau among chain's 21 closings (04/26/16)9
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)6
- Police report filed, but no charges in incident at Cape Central (04/29/16)37
- Two hurt in motorcycle wreck on Interstate 55 (04/25/16)1
- Senator introduces bill for I-57 that would connect Sikeston with Little Rock (04/28/16)4
- Law firm requests information about Cape's traffic cameras (04/25/16)2
- Local lawmakers split over failed medical marijuana bill; voters may have a say (04/26/16)19
- Local company makes eco-friendly kitty litter that cuts cat-box smell (04/25/16)
- Man accused of pointing BB gun at Chaffee resident (04/26/16)2
SIKESTON, Mo. -- Sarah E. Smith, 77, of Sikeston died Thursday, June 2, 2005, at Missouri Delta Medical Center.
She was born Jan. 2, 1928, in East Prairie, Mo., daughter of Elmer and Nora Couch. She and Joseph C. "Joe" Smith were married Jan. 1, 1954. He died Nov. 16, 1977.
Smith had worked at International Shoe Co. in Sikeston and Florsheim Shoe Co. in Cape Girardeau.
Survivors include three grandchildren, Shonna Vaughn of Bourbon, Mo., Bobby Williams of St. Louis, Mark Williams of Rolla, Mo.; and three great-granddaughters.
She was preceded in death by a son and a daughter.
Friends may call at Nunnelee Funeral Chapel after 11 a.m. Monday.
The funeral will be at 1 p.m. Monday at the chapel. Burial will be in Memorial Park Cemetery.