- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)45
- Bob Evans restaurant in Cape Girardeau among chain's 21 closings (04/26/16)9
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)6
- Two hurt in motorcycle wreck on Interstate 55 (04/25/16)1
- Law firm requests information about Cape's traffic cameras (04/25/16)2
- Local lawmakers split over failed medical marijuana bill; voters may have a say (04/26/16)19
- Police report filed, but no charges in incident at Cape Central (04/29/16)35
- Tanker truck catches fire near Oak Ridge (04/24/16)7
- Local company makes eco-friendly kitty litter that cuts cat-box smell (04/25/16)
- Senator introduces bill for I-57 that would connect Sikeston with Little Rock (04/28/16)4
Edith T. Snead, 97, of Cape Girardeau died Friday, June 3, 2005, at Ratliff Care Center.
She was born June 9, 1907, in Altamont, Ill., daughter of George Samuel and Nellie C. Byers Snead. She and Grenville H. Snead were married Nov. 24, 1928, in Wellston, Mo. He died Oct. 8, 1985.
Mrs. Snead was a member of Evangelical United Church of Christ.
Survivors include two sons, Carroll M. Snead and wife Edna of Cape Girardeau, Bradford Snead and wife Jo of Ferguson, Mo.; a brother, Robert Glen Higgs of Denver, Colo.; a sister, Beulah Higgs Childers of St. Louis; eight grandchildren, Darren Snead and wife Kelly of St. Louis, Linda Snead of Cape Girardeau, Martha Snead of St. Louis, John Snead of Baltimore, Md., Sarah Klasing and husband Karl, David Snead and wife Sandy, Kathy Shaw, and Andrew Snead, all of St. Louis; five great-granddaughters, Ellen Klasing, Olivia Klasing, Anna Klasing, Emma Klasing, and Grace Shaw, all of St. Louis.
She was preceded in death by two brothers and five sisters.
Friends may call at Ford and Sons Mount Auburn Funeral Home from 4 to 8 p.m. Monday.
The funeral will be at 1 p.m. Tuesday at the funeral home, with the Rev. Ernest Jordan officiating. Burial will be in Cape County Memorial Park.
In lieu of flowers, memorials may be made to Evangelical United Church of Christ, 37 S. Ellis St., Cape Girardeau, Mo., 63703.