- Woman's post about 'Back the Blue' sign in Jackson coffee shop prompts firing from nearby bar (8/15/17)11
- Scott City man dies in motorcycle crash near Millersville (8/13/17)
- How to save a life: Lifeguards resuscitated young girl at Cape Splash (8/17/17)2
- Stoogefest headliner cancels, cites NAACP travel advisory in Missouri (8/15/17)2
- Councilman: Scott City mayor, city administrator resigned (8/15/17)4
- Teen convicted of shooting area woman in 2015 (8/13/17)
- Woman dies in house fire in Cape Girardeau County (8/16/17)
- Scott City school chief gets raise, while some teachers don't (8/17/17)6
- Man accused of making terror threats against dental office (8/13/17)
- Chaffee man charged with attempting to have ex-wife killed (8/20/17)3
Kinder named captain of Texas A&M swim team
Former Central High & Gator Swim Club swimmer, Hannah Kinder, was named team captain for the 2010-11 Texas A&M women's team. The other 2010-11 team captains for the women's team will be seniors Jaele Patrick and Maria Sommer. Kinder also earned the Iron Woman award, was the Aggies' No. 3 entry in the 200 and 500 frees, and earned NCAA "B" cuts in both races.
The Texas A&M swimming and diving teams recently celebrated their record-setting 2009-10 seasons. The Texas A&M womens team dominated the field at the 2010 Big 12 Championships to win its third team crown in four seasons in February. At the NCAA Championships, the Aggie women earned a sixth-place finish at the national meet.