- College algebra to be removed from Southeast required curriculum (10/10/17)1
- State declares test results for schools invalid (10/4/17)2
- Child-custody advocate: State law needs fix to provide parents with more equal custody (10/12/17)
- Cape Chinese restaurant purchases old Ponderosa property in Perryville (10/10/17)
- One of Cape's oldest mom-and-pop restaurants opens in new location (10/10/17)
- Past Rowdy the Redhawk mascot's identity revealed (10/15/17)
- Cancer will 'change your life, but it doesn't have to rule it' (10/8/17)
- Bills addressing equal child custody to be filed, legislators say (10/13/17)
- Ships to stay docked in Cape a week longer (10/10/17)
- Janet Koenig creates painted quilts to add flair to local barns (10/13/17)
Kinder named captain of Texas A&M swim team
Former Central High & Gator Swim Club swimmer, Hannah Kinder, was named team captain for the 2010-11 Texas A&M women's team. The other 2010-11 team captains for the women's team will be seniors Jaele Patrick and Maria Sommer. Kinder also earned the Iron Woman award, was the Aggies' No. 3 entry in the 200 and 500 frees, and earned NCAA "B" cuts in both races.
The Texas A&M swimming and diving teams recently celebrated their record-setting 2009-10 seasons. The Texas A&M womens team dominated the field at the 2010 Big 12 Championships to win its third team crown in four seasons in February. At the NCAA Championships, the Aggie women earned a sixth-place finish at the national meet.