- Obama shortens sentence of inmate from Cape (1/19/17)9
- Two subjects of interest in 1992 homicide to take polygraph tests (1/15/17)8
- Business notebook: Jackson salon owner also opens a clothing store (1/16/17)
- Area hospitals hope a box helps prevent infant deaths (1/19/17)6
- Cape SportsPlex contractor offers a look at the project (1/15/17)14
- Meat-processing plant faces $70K penalty for Clean Water Act violations (1/17/17)4
- Southeast to lose $3.5 million from state in budget cuts (1/18/17)21
- Local students to perform with choir at inauguration (1/19/17)3
- Subjects of interest in 1992 killing take polygraph tests; results not revealed (1/18/17)2
- Governor cuts $146 million, colleges take hit (1/17/17)
Kinder named captain of Texas A&M swim team
Former Central High & Gator Swim Club swimmer, Hannah Kinder, was named team captain for the 2010-11 Texas A&M women's team. The other 2010-11 team captains for the women's team will be seniors Jaele Patrick and Maria Sommer. Kinder also earned the Iron Woman award, was the Aggies' No. 3 entry in the 200 and 500 frees, and earned NCAA "B" cuts in both races.
The Texas A&M swimming and diving teams recently celebrated their record-setting 2009-10 seasons. The Texas A&M womens team dominated the field at the 2010 Big 12 Championships to win its third team crown in four seasons in February. At the NCAA Championships, the Aggie women earned a sixth-place finish at the national meet.
(adapted from http://www.aggieathletics.com/sports/w-s...)