- Two men accused of selling meth to undercover cop (6/22/17)
- Cape man stabbed in head, arm after strip-club incident; skull fractured, police say (6/25/17)3
- Custom cuts: Local hairstylist provides free haircuts to special-needs children (6/26/17)3
- Police: Man grabbed wheel, tried to kill driver and himself in Jackson crash (6/23/17)
- Marble Hill man accused of beating, kidnapping woman (6/27/17)
- Annual SEMO District Fair event lineup announced (6/23/17)1
- Oran town board fired officer before hiring him as police chief; city officials say they can't remember reason for firing (6/25/17)2
- Playing with fire (6/25/17)
- Two charged in theft of jewelry from Cape storage facility (6/23/17)1
- Business notebook: Man's cheesecake whim becomes a full-time vocation (6/26/17)
Kinder named captain of Texas A&M swim team
Former Central High & Gator Swim Club swimmer, Hannah Kinder, was named team captain for the 2010-11 Texas A&M women's team. The other 2010-11 team captains for the women's team will be seniors Jaele Patrick and Maria Sommer. Kinder also earned the Iron Woman award, was the Aggies' No. 3 entry in the 200 and 500 frees, and earned NCAA "B" cuts in both races.
The Texas A&M swimming and diving teams recently celebrated their record-setting 2009-10 seasons. The Texas A&M womens team dominated the field at the 2010 Big 12 Championships to win its third team crown in four seasons in February. At the NCAA Championships, the Aggie women earned a sixth-place finish at the national meet.