- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)46
- Bob Evans restaurant in Cape Girardeau among chain's 21 closings (04/26/16)9
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)8
- Police report filed, but no charges in incident at Cape Central (04/29/16)40
- Two hurt in motorcycle wreck on Interstate 55 (04/25/16)1
- Senator introduces bill for I-57 that would connect Sikeston with Little Rock (04/28/16)4
- Law firm requests information about Cape's traffic cameras (04/25/16)2
- Local lawmakers split over failed medical marijuana bill; voters may have a say (04/26/16)19
- Local company makes eco-friendly kitty litter that cuts cat-box smell (04/25/16)
- Man accused of pointing BB gun at Chaffee resident (04/26/16)2
Second fatal crash near Dexter in three days
DEXTER, Mo. -- Another crash late Thursday night claimed the life of a Dexter woman, the Daily Statesman newspaper reported.
This marks the second fatal crash in a three-day period along a stretch of Highway 25 just south of the city limits.
According to the Missouri State Highway Patrol, Carol J. McClain, 38, was traveling south around 9:25 p.m. last night when her vehicle slid off the right side of the roadway before striking a ditch and a sign and becoming airborne. The vehicle then struck a tree. McClain was pronounced dead at the scene. The accident occurred about a mile and a half south of Dexter.
McClain was not wearing a seatbelt at the time of the accident. Her death marks the 28th fatality in Troop E for the 2010 year.