- Missing Jackson woman found dead in Bollinger County pond (06/23/16)2
- Many Jackson students may face random drug-testing (06/26/16)30
- Village of Zalma must disincorporate, law says (06/23/16)5
- Jackson man accused of felony assault after attack at Cape bar (06/26/16)7
- I want an angry president (06/21/16)17
- Man allegedly kicks woman, punches man after denied a sexual favor (06/23/16)
- Witness says he saw suspect kill his best friend (06/24/16)
- Officials: Ash borer less of a problem here than in St. Louis (06/27/16)
- Advance graduate will become superintendent of its schools (06/21/16)1
- Odd court hearing ends with judge declaring probable cause in abuse case (06/22/16)4
Withholding facts is like lying
To our legislators in Congress: You go to Washington on promises that you will represent the people. You don't say a thing about selling us out to the highest bidder for your vote. You don't say a thing about we, the people, picking up the tab for all your spending. You don't tell the people that "all the money I vote to spend while in office comes from you." Yet you will tell us you're honest.
Withholding facts is just as deceptive as telling a lie.
BUDDY PARRISH, Cape Girardeau