- Man killed by vehicle had been charged with domestic assault (11/30/16)
- Jackson man to cast electoral vote for Trump; others trying to dissuade him (11/29/16)51
- Post-election taunts reported at Jackson schools (12/2/16)26
- Former Cape council member dies, remembered as 'wonderful public servant' (11/29/16)1
- Burglary suspect apprehended inside Jackson garage (12/4/16)
- Poplar Bluff man accused of enticement, child porn in Scott County sting operation (12/4/16)
- Missouri chamber to honor Cape's John Mehner (11/30/16)6
- Woman accused in three robberies disguised herself as man (11/29/16)5
- Men who pulled father, son from burning car near Naylor honored by highway patrol (12/1/16)
- Cape woman hopes son's death in Chattanooga will lead to better policing (11/30/16)11
Withholding facts is like lying
To our legislators in Congress: You go to Washington on promises that you will represent the people. You don't say a thing about selling us out to the highest bidder for your vote. You don't say a thing about we, the people, picking up the tab for all your spending. You don't tell the people that "all the money I vote to spend while in office comes from you." Yet you will tell us you're honest.
Withholding facts is just as deceptive as telling a lie.
BUDDY PARRISH, Cape Girardeau