- Legal discrimination complaint, ethics complaint filed in Scott City government (3/22/17)11
- Business notebook: Cape native goes from farm to mobile-food operation (3/20/17)1
- Mall aboard: Future requires evolution at West Park Mall (3/24/17)13
- Former Scott City administrator: 'I was forced to resign' (3/21/17)6
- Triplett manslaughter case set for July 2018 (3/21/17)2
- Former Southeast softball coach sues Board of Regents; seeks damages and her job back (3/23/17)11
- Two people found dead in Advance house fire (3/21/17)
- Two local lawmakers back charter school bill; Perryville lawmaker objects to measure (3/19/17)24
- Two Cape men charged with second-degree murder of Grandi (3/21/17)2
- Cairo man pleads guilty to bank murders (3/17/17)1
Withholding facts is like lying
To our legislators in Congress: You go to Washington on promises that you will represent the people. You don't say a thing about selling us out to the highest bidder for your vote. You don't say a thing about we, the people, picking up the tab for all your spending. You don't tell the people that "all the money I vote to spend while in office comes from you." Yet you will tell us you're honest.
Withholding facts is just as deceptive as telling a lie.
BUDDY PARRISH, Cape Girardeau