- Neelys Landing man shot, killed by highway patrol trooper after traffic stop (05/01/16)43
- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)48
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)8
- River Ridge Winery changes hands (05/02/16)
- Police report filed, but no charges in incident at Cape Central (04/29/16)40
- 2016 All-Missourian Boys Basketball (04/29/16)
- Statement: Man says copsí good work drove him to grow his own marijuana (05/01/16)1
- Bob Evans restaurant in Cape Girardeau among chain's 21 closings (04/26/16)9
- Senator introduces bill for I-57 that would connect Sikeston with Little Rock (04/28/16)4
- Hopper Road to close for months during construction of Veterans Drive (04/27/16)9
Withholding facts is like lying
To our legislators in Congress: You go to Washington on promises that you will represent the people. You don't say a thing about selling us out to the highest bidder for your vote. You don't say a thing about we, the people, picking up the tab for all your spending. You don't tell the people that "all the money I vote to spend while in office comes from you." Yet you will tell us you're honest.
Withholding facts is just as deceptive as telling a lie.
BUDDY PARRISH, Cape Girardeau