- Compliance check results in underage citations at four Cape bars (7/19/17)
- Isle Casino to host wide-ranging career fair Wednesday (7/16/17)
- Lying police? Missing files, lost evidence: Newspaper investigation reveals glaring details in David Robinson case (7/16/17)2
- Buffalo Wild Wings to hold fundraiser Wednesday for ailing Cape officer (7/19/17)1
- 49-year-old homicide victim found in Cape (7/20/17)
- Sikeston detective's files about murder suspect missing from DPS (7/18/17)1
- Witnesses make claims of officer corruption in Box/Robinson case (7/17/17)1
- Cape city, civic leaders unveil downtown trolley service (7/14/17)6
- Park official: 5-year-old girl nearly drowns at Cape Splash, taken to hospital (7/12/17)4
- Business notebook: Jackson boutique has regional roots in retail (7/17/17)
Good memories of stay in Cape
On May 2 I was in Cape Girardeau to refuel my vehicle on the way home to Illinois. I experienced brake failure and spent the night in Cape Girardeau, becoming acquainted with what a pleasant town Cape Girardeau is and encountering friendly, helpful people.
Service station attendants were prompt in getting my vehicle towed to a repair shop. The tow-truck driver took me to a motel, where I rested for a while and then went for a walk.
I have arthritis in both knees, and walking for any considerable distance causes pain. A young man and woman in a car saw that I was walking painfully and stopped to give me a ride. There were members of Bethany Assembly of God. I learned right away that they were true-hearted Christians. They made every effort to be helpful in every way possible. My encounter with them will always be a distinct memory of Cape Girardeau.
The good memory of a nice town with friendly people will always overshadow the bad memory of the vehicle malfunction. My stay in Cape Girardeau will always be fondly remembered.
FRANK B. AUSTIN, O'Fallon, Ill.