- Two men seriously hurt in crash near Fruitland (9/21/16)3
- Perryville man arrested for alleged patronizing prostitution, harassment (9/23/16)6
- Eldorado Resorts to buy Isle of Capri Casinos (9/20/16)7
- Community helps Jackson family with two cases of muscular dystrophy (9/19/16)
- Video and evidence largely confirm trooper's claims in April traffic stop shooting (9/23/16)7
- Cape man may lose eye after shovel beating, police say (9/25/16)2
- Funeral procession of former Cape Girardeau police chief Henry H. Gerecke (9/22/16)17
- Cape man accused of attacking pregnant girlfriend (9/22/16)
- Show Me Center upgrades may allow facility to draw more elaborate shows (9/21/16)17
- Man convicted of Perryville convenience-store heist (9/21/16)
Good memories of stay in Cape
On May 2 I was in Cape Girardeau to refuel my vehicle on the way home to Illinois. I experienced brake failure and spent the night in Cape Girardeau, becoming acquainted with what a pleasant town Cape Girardeau is and encountering friendly, helpful people.
Service station attendants were prompt in getting my vehicle towed to a repair shop. The tow-truck driver took me to a motel, where I rested for a while and then went for a walk.
I have arthritis in both knees, and walking for any considerable distance causes pain. A young man and woman in a car saw that I was walking painfully and stopped to give me a ride. There were members of Bethany Assembly of God. I learned right away that they were true-hearted Christians. They made every effort to be helpful in every way possible. My encounter with them will always be a distinct memory of Cape Girardeau.
The good memory of a nice town with friendly people will always overshadow the bad memory of the vehicle malfunction. My stay in Cape Girardeau will always be fondly remembered.
FRANK B. AUSTIN, O'Fallon, Ill.