- Owner of Mary Jane Burgers & Brew in Perryville to open new culinary concept in Cape (9/15/17)3
- Man accused of setting fire to Delta bar; posted photos of it burning on Facebook (9/17/17)5
- McClure man accused of leaving children in hot truck while gambling in casino (9/19/17)1
- How the story of one dog is helping others (9/14/17)1
- New boutique store advocates for special-needs people (9/19/17)
- Retailer may come to Jackson; rezoning needed first (9/17/17)2
- Eyewitnesses testify about fatal shooting; men were using drugs, alcohol (9/14/17)
- Jury finds Harris guilty of murder, 3 other counts (9/15/17)4
- Planet Fitness to anchor Town Plaza shopping center (9/18/17)2
- Mo. conservation agents help fight fires in western U.S. (9/15/17)
Good memories of stay in Cape
On May 2 I was in Cape Girardeau to refuel my vehicle on the way home to Illinois. I experienced brake failure and spent the night in Cape Girardeau, becoming acquainted with what a pleasant town Cape Girardeau is and encountering friendly, helpful people.
Service station attendants were prompt in getting my vehicle towed to a repair shop. The tow-truck driver took me to a motel, where I rested for a while and then went for a walk.
I have arthritis in both knees, and walking for any considerable distance causes pain. A young man and woman in a car saw that I was walking painfully and stopped to give me a ride. There were members of Bethany Assembly of God. I learned right away that they were true-hearted Christians. They made every effort to be helpful in every way possible. My encounter with them will always be a distinct memory of Cape Girardeau.
The good memory of a nice town with friendly people will always overshadow the bad memory of the vehicle malfunction. My stay in Cape Girardeau will always be fondly remembered.
FRANK B. AUSTIN, O'Fallon, Ill.