- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)46
- Neelys Landing man shot, killed by highway patrol trooper after traffic stop (05/01/16)31
- Bob Evans restaurant in Cape Girardeau among chain's 21 closings (04/26/16)9
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)8
- Police report filed, but no charges in incident at Cape Central (04/29/16)40
- Two hurt in motorcycle wreck on Interstate 55 (04/25/16)1
- 2016 All-Missourian Boys Basketball (04/29/16)
- Senator introduces bill for I-57 that would connect Sikeston with Little Rock (04/28/16)4
- Law firm requests information about Cape's traffic cameras (04/25/16)3
- Local lawmakers split over failed medical marijuana bill; voters may have a say (04/26/16)19
Good memories of stay in Cape
On May 2 I was in Cape Girardeau to refuel my vehicle on the way home to Illinois. I experienced brake failure and spent the night in Cape Girardeau, becoming acquainted with what a pleasant town Cape Girardeau is and encountering friendly, helpful people.
Service station attendants were prompt in getting my vehicle towed to a repair shop. The tow-truck driver took me to a motel, where I rested for a while and then went for a walk.
I have arthritis in both knees, and walking for any considerable distance causes pain. A young man and woman in a car saw that I was walking painfully and stopped to give me a ride. There were members of Bethany Assembly of God. I learned right away that they were true-hearted Christians. They made every effort to be helpful in every way possible. My encounter with them will always be a distinct memory of Cape Girardeau.
The good memory of a nice town with friendly people will always overshadow the bad memory of the vehicle malfunction. My stay in Cape Girardeau will always be fondly remembered.
FRANK B. AUSTIN, O'Fallon, Ill.