- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)46
- Bob Evans restaurant in Cape Girardeau among chain's 21 closings (04/26/16)9
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)8
- Police report filed, but no charges in incident at Cape Central (04/29/16)38
- Two hurt in motorcycle wreck on Interstate 55 (04/25/16)1
- Senator introduces bill for I-57 that would connect Sikeston with Little Rock (04/28/16)4
- Law firm requests information about Cape's traffic cameras (04/25/16)2
- Local lawmakers split over failed medical marijuana bill; voters may have a say (04/26/16)19
- Local company makes eco-friendly kitty litter that cuts cat-box smell (04/25/16)
- Man accused of pointing BB gun at Chaffee resident (04/26/16)2
Jackson police/fire reports 5/21/10
The Jackson Police Department released the following items. Arrests do not imply guilt.
* Bruce A. Scheeter, 39, 6830 Highway 74, Cape Girardeau, was arrested on suspicion of driving while intoxicated. He also received a summons for speeding.
* A 16-year-old boy was cited into juvenile court for possession of marijuana.
* Michael D. James, 39, 1148 Trailridge Drive, was arrested on suspicion of public intoxication.
* Landon T. Huber, 17, 141 Kyle Drive, received a summons for possession of marijuana and possession of drug paraphernalia.
* An assault was reported on Parkview Street.
* A theft was reported in the 3600 block of East Jackson Boulevard.
* A peace disturbance was reported in the 2100 block of Bainbridge Road.
Firefighters respond to the following calls Thursday:
* A fire alarm on West Jackson Boulevard.
* A motor vehicle crash on North High Street.
* A motor vehicle crash on East Jackson Boulevard.
* Emergency medical service on Brandom Street.