- Neelys Landing man shot, killed by highway patrol trooper after traffic stop (05/01/16)43
- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)49
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)8
- River Ridge Winery changes hands (05/02/16)
- Police report filed, but no charges in incident at Cape Central (04/29/16)40
- 2016 All-Missourian Boys Basketball (04/29/16)
- Statement: Man says cops’ good work drove him to grow his own marijuana (05/01/16)1
- Bob Evans restaurant in Cape Girardeau among chain's 21 closings (04/26/16)9
- Senator introduces bill for I-57 that would connect Sikeston with Little Rock (04/28/16)4
- Hopper Road to close for months during construction of Veterans Drive (04/27/16)9
Jason Michael Anton, 29, of Cape Girardeau died Monday, May 17, 2010.
He was born June 24, 1980, in Crystal City, Mo., son of Raymond Francis Childers and Sharon Gayl Borah. He was adopted and raised by the late Paul Joseph and Sharon Borah Anton.
Jason graduated from Oak Ridge High School and was a second-year student at Southeast Missouri State University majoring in physics and engineering.
He is survived by a son, Prosper Anton of Cape Girardeau; his mother, Sharon (Hugh) Aldredge of Jackson; father, Raymond (Patricia) Childers of St. Louis; three sisters, Millie (Eric) Poage-Jacobson of Texas, Genevieve Ann (Alex) Wells of Escondido, Calif., Abigail (Thomas) Mayfield of Austin, Texas; and grandfather, Raymond Childers of St. Louis.
A graveside service will be held today at Sargents Chapel Lutheran Church Cemetery near Sedgewickville, Mo., with the Rev. Jerry Bailey officiating.
The funeral procession will leave for the cemetery at 10 a.m. today from Cracraft-Miller Funeral Home in Jackson.