- Neelys Landing man shot, killed by highway patrol trooper after traffic stop (05/01/16)43
- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)49
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)8
- River Ridge Winery changes hands (05/02/16)
- Police report filed, but no charges in incident at Cape Central (04/29/16)40
- 2016 All-Missourian Boys Basketball (04/29/16)
- Statement: Man says copsí good work drove him to grow his own marijuana (05/01/16)1
- Bob Evans restaurant in Cape Girardeau among chain's 21 closings (04/26/16)9
- Senator introduces bill for I-57 that would connect Sikeston with Little Rock (04/28/16)4
- Hopper Road to close for months during construction of Veterans Drive (04/27/16)9
THEBES, Ill. -- Amelda F. Wilson, 91, former resident of Thebes, died Saturday, Dec. 12, 2009, at her home in Longmont, Colo.
She was born Aug. 27, 1918, in Poplar Bluff, Mo., to Albert James and Maggie Thomas Nichols. She graduated from Central High School in Cape Girardeau in 1936.
Amelda married Robert W. Wilson on May 18, 1939, in Chicago. They resided in Thebes until his death Dec. 20, 1988. It was there they raised their niece, Alicia Scheffler Weir, and nephew, Nick Iaconetti.
She was preceded in death by her husband; parents, Albert J. and Maggie Nichols; stepmother, Amanda Cate Nichols; and stepbrother, James Southworth.
Survivors include a sister, A. Jean Iaconetti of Longmont; two nephews, Nick Iaconetti (Elizabeth) of Manchester, Mo., Jim Southworth (Jan) of Nokomis, Fla.; a niece, Alicia "Lisa" Weir (Ben) of Longmont; and a great-nephew, Robert B. Weir (Kate) of Columbia, Mo.
Cremation was entrusted to Ahlberg Funeral Chapel and Crematory in Longmont.
Inurnment will be held at 1 p.m. May 30 at Old Thebes Cemetery in Thebes.