- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)47
- Neelys Landing man shot, killed by highway patrol trooper after traffic stop (05/01/16)42
- Bob Evans restaurant in Cape Girardeau among chain's 21 closings (04/26/16)9
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)8
- Police report filed, but no charges in incident at Cape Central (04/29/16)40
- Two hurt in motorcycle wreck on Interstate 55 (04/25/16)1
- 2016 All-Missourian Boys Basketball (04/29/16)
- Senator introduces bill for I-57 that would connect Sikeston with Little Rock (04/28/16)4
- Law firm requests information about Cape's traffic cameras (04/25/16)3
- Local lawmakers split over failed medical marijuana bill; voters may have a say (04/26/16)19
Brandy R. Brown Clark, 39, of Lohman, Mo., passed away peacefully Wednesday, May 19, 2010, at St. Joseph's Home in Jefferson City, Mo., after a 15-year battle with brain cancer.
She was born July 5, 1970, in Cape Girardeau, daughter of Delmer E. and Diane Husher Brown.
She was a 1988 graduate of Jefferson City High School and received a degree in business administration from Lincoln University in Jefferson City.
Brandy worked for State Farm Insurance in the claims department. She loved motorcycle riding and traveling.
Brandy is survived by her parents, Delmer and Diane Brown of Lohman; grandparents, Ruby Mae Slinkard Brown of Jackson, Bob and Sue Husher of Calvert City, Ky., Thelma L. (TJ) Johnson of Calvert City; aunts and uncles, the Rev. Ronnie and Marilyn Brown, Stephen L. Brown and Mary Lou, all of Jackson, Bob and Barbara Husher Taylor of Sikeston, Mo., Van and Kathy Husher Rudolph of Calvert City, Robert and Sally Husher of Hickory, Ky., Dan and Terry Johnson Reside of Springfield, Ill.; and many cousins.
She was preceded in death by grandfathers James A. "Mutt" Brown and H. Clinton "Johnny" Johnson, both of Jackson; uncles James W. "Bud" Brown and Mark L. "Smiley" Brown of Jackson; and a special friend, "Big" Jim Jones of Jefferson City.
Friends will be received from 5 to 8 p.m. today at Houser-Millard Funeral Home in Jefferson City.
The funeral will be at 1 p.m. Saturday at the funeral home, with the Rev. Ronnie L. Brown officiating. Interment will follow in Hawthorn Memorial Gardens.
The family requests in lieu of flowers, donations be made to Easter Seals Heartland or the Cole County Relay for Life.
Condolences may be left for the family online at www.millardfamilychapels.com.