- Neelys Landing man shot, killed by highway patrol trooper after traffic stop (05/01/16)43
- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)48
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)8
- River Ridge Winery changes hands (05/02/16)
- Police report filed, but no charges in incident at Cape Central (04/29/16)40
- 2016 All-Missourian Boys Basketball (04/29/16)
- Statement: Man says copsí good work drove him to grow his own marijuana (05/01/16)1
- Bob Evans restaurant in Cape Girardeau among chain's 21 closings (04/26/16)9
- Senator introduces bill for I-57 that would connect Sikeston with Little Rock (04/28/16)4
- Hopper Road to close for months during construction of Veterans Drive (04/27/16)9
Tunes at Twilight spotlight: Corrine Chapman
Corinne Chapman grew up in the Southern California mountains, but has set up base camp in Nashville, Tenn., where her easy chords and lovely lyrics would be welcomed. Chapman may sound familiar. The singer/songwriter has played in the area with local talents and had a spot at the 2009 ArtsCape.
Chapman performed with singing groups, dance squads and in musical theater while at Stanford University. After graduation, she moved to Nashville to pursue her career in music. She co-wrote "Just Drive," a hit song for Jo Dee Messina in 2008, and many other singles since entering the professional world. She has performed in clubs and on stages all over the country and will bring her thoughtful, authentic musical experiences to Cape Girardeau.
Chapman will play with a full band set up from 7 to 8 p.m. today at the Common Pleas Courthouse gazebo for Tunes at Twilight.
-- From staff reports