- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)47
- Neelys Landing man shot, killed by highway patrol trooper after traffic stop (05/01/16)43
- Bob Evans restaurant in Cape Girardeau among chain's 21 closings (04/26/16)9
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)8
- Police report filed, but no charges in incident at Cape Central (04/29/16)40
- 2016 All-Missourian Boys Basketball (04/29/16)
- Statement: Man says cops’ good work drove him to grow his own marijuana (05/01/16)1
- Two hurt in motorcycle wreck on Interstate 55 (04/25/16)1
- Senator introduces bill for I-57 that would connect Sikeston with Little Rock (04/28/16)4
- River Ridge Winery changes hands (05/02/16)
ANNA, Ill. -- Jewell M. Williams, 95, of Anna died Thursday, June 2, 2005, at City Care Center.
She was born Sept. 12, 1909, in Union County, Ill., daughter of Moses and Edith Weinberger Miller. She and R. Lee Williams were married Dec. 24, 1931. He died Oct. 23, 1995.
Williams was a member of First Christian Church.
Survivors include a daughter, Carol Williams of Willow Springs, Ill.; a son, Richard Williams of Anna; a sister, Mary Baker of Carrier Mills, Ill.; a brother, Lowell Miller of Austin, Texas; three grandchildren; and three great-grandchildren.
She was preceded in death by two sisters and a brother.
Friends may call at Crain Funeral Home in Anna from 6 to 8 p.m. today.
The funeral will be at 11 a.m. Saturday at the funeral home, with Todd Williams officiating. Burial will be in Trinity Cemetery.