- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)48
- Neelys Landing man shot, killed by highway patrol trooper after traffic stop (05/01/16)43
- Bob Evans restaurant in Cape Girardeau among chain's 21 closings (04/26/16)9
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)8
- Police report filed, but no charges in incident at Cape Central (04/29/16)40
- 2016 All-Missourian Boys Basketball (04/29/16)
- Statement: Man says copsí good work drove him to grow his own marijuana (05/01/16)1
- Two hurt in motorcycle wreck on Interstate 55 (04/25/16)1
- Senator introduces bill for I-57 that would connect Sikeston with Little Rock (04/28/16)4
- River Ridge Winery changes hands (05/02/16)
Clara I. Dirnberger, 96, formerly of Scott City, died Tuesday, May 31, 2005, at Villa St. Francis in Olathe, Kan.
She was born Oct. 17, 1908, in Cape Girardeau, daughter of George E. and Mary Dittrich Roth. She and Clement A. Dirnberger were married May 29, 1939, and lived 38 years in Detroit, Mich., as a homemaker.
In 1977, in retirement, Clara and Clem moved to Scott City and became members of St. Joseph Parish. In 1996 Clara moved to the Kansas City area to be near her son, George, and more recently lived over five years at Cypress Court of Overland Park, Kan., a loving memory care facility.
Clara was preceded in death by her parents, and husband of 52 years, Clement Dirnberger.
She is survived by a son, George Dirnberger and wife Nancy of Overland Park; a daughter, Rita Lamers and husband Duane of Troy, Mich.; a sister, Esther Heisserer of Cape Girardeau; two grandsons, Stephen Dirnberger and wife Nikki of St. Joseph, Mich., Kyle Lamers of Troy; two granddaughters, Cindy Hurbis and husband Casey of West Bloomfield, Mich., Ellen Dirnberger of Mission, Kan.; and a great-grandson, Geoffrey Dirnberger of St. Joseph.
Visitation will be from 5 to 7 p.m. today at Amick-Burnett Funeral Chapel in Scott City. Recitation of the rosary will be at 6:30.
A Mass of Christian burial will be celebrated at 10 a.m. Friday at St. Joseph Catholic Church. The Rev. David Coon will officiate. Burial will be in St. Mary's Cemetery in Cape Girardeau.
The family suggests that any memorial contributions be made to Catholic Charities, 2220 Central Avenue, Kansas City, Kan., 66102.