- Cape businessman known for starting NARS dies at 49 (2/23/17)9
- Apparent punch at girls basketball game propels lawmaker into action (2/21/17)4
- Business notebook: Owners ready to roll out the Barrel 131 (2/20/17)7
- Japanese restaurant up and running; owner surprised by fondness of sushi here (2/24/17)1
- SoutheastHEALTH, Washington University School of Medicine announce collaboration (2/24/17)23
- Missouri bill would limit transgender school bathroom access (2/22/17)48
- City issues precautionary boil order near Arena Park (2/23/17)
- Former KFVS12 reporter talks about recovery from eating disorder (2/23/17)11
- $22M bond issue would alter Jackson schools (2/22/17)13
- Two men crack market with local cage-free eggs (2/26/17)12
People on the move 5/17/10
Newcomer named president of state respiratory care society
The Missouri Society for Respiratory Care recently named Lisa Newcomer as the organization's president. Newcomer, who is the director of the Sleep Disorders Center and Durable Medical Equipment at Saint Francis Medical Center, will serve the MSRC as president for two years beginning in July. She will lead the organization's efforts to advance the science, technology, ethics and art of respiratory care in Missouri. Newcomer replaces Rose Shafer, also of Saint Francis, as the organization's leader. For more information about the Sleep Disorders Center at Saint Francis, call 331-5900. To learn more about the MSRC, visit www.mosrc.com.
Wright joins AWL Family Health Center in Doctors' Park
Marie Wright is now seeing patients at AWL Family Health Center, 36 Doctors' Park. She received her bachelor's and master's degrees in nursing from Southeast Missouri State University. Wright also serves as a family nurse practitioner in the Missouri National Guard and recently returned from a one-year deployment in Iraq. She is a native of Park Hills, Mo., and has lived in Cape Girardeau for the past 17 years. To learn more about AWL Family Health Center, call 334-7006 or visit awlfamilyhealthcare.com.
Nunnery earns Toyota Master Certification
Steven Nunnery of Coad Toyota, 357 Siemers Drive in Cape Girardeau, recently completed his Toyota Master Certification and passed the 2009 Toyota Sales Master Test. Only 1,011 sales consultants nationwide have achieved the master status in 2009.
People on the Move items must be received by 2 p.m. Thursday to appear Monday. Submit items by e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org, by fax to 334-7288 or by mail to P.O. Box 699, Cape Girardeau, MO 63702.