- Bob Evans restaurant in Cape Girardeau among chain's 21 closings (04/26/16)9
- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)40
- Two hurt in motorcycle wreck on Interstate 55 (04/25/16)1
- Ray's of Kelso, Plaza by Ray's to change ownership; Fonn to buy enterprise (04/20/16)3
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)6
- Law firm requests information about Cape's traffic cameras (04/25/16)2
- Tanker truck catches fire near Oak Ridge (04/24/16)7
- Local lawmakers split over failed medical marijuana bill; voters may have a say (04/26/16)19
- Local company makes eco-friendly kitty litter that cuts cat-box smell (04/25/16)
PERRYVILLE, Mo. -- Ena Vogel, 81, of Aurora, Colo., died Wednesday, May 18, 2005, at Hospice of Metro Denver, Colo.
She was born May 16, 1924, in Roma, Queensland, Australia, daughter of Thomas Edgar and Williamena Thompson Kemp. She and Albert W. "Pete" Vogel were married July 14, 1945. He died March 8, 1999.
While living in Perryville she worked in a variety of clerical and medical positions at Immanuel Lutheran School and Church and at Perry County Memorial Hospital. She also began a lifetime involvement with American Legion that continued until 2003. She was a member of Mount Olive Lutheran Church in Aurora.
Vogel was naturalized Dec. 12, 1958.
Survivors include a son, Albert "Pete" Vogel of Aurora; a brother, Fred Kemp of Brisbane, Queensland; three grandchildren; and a stepgrandchild.
She was preceded in death by a daughter and a brother.
There was no local service.
The American Legion Auxiliary will conduct a memorial service June 9 at the American Legion Hall in Longmont, Colo.
Announcement courtesy of Young and Sons Funeral Home.